Hacking Delete a Corrupt install that doesnt show up on system settings?

pedro702

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
So i installed a corrupted file and the file is shown on main menu but i cant find it on the settings to delete it, i guess it bugged out and doesnt appear there, i know the id i installed i tryed installing over it and nope it doesnt work either so is there any homebrew app or something o i can delete a title from an id that isnt showing up on system settings?

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i installed a corrupted file and the file is shown on main menu but i cant find it on the settings to delete it, i guess it bugged out and doesnt appear there, i know the id i installed i tryed installing over it and nope it doesnt work either so is there any homebrew app or something o i can delete a title from an id that isnt showing up on system settings?
Can you find it with ftpii everywhere? What is the title id you used?

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
You have to find the install you used that corrupted when installing then install again to get rid of it its a painful process else the error will show up again. I did the same thing install Call of Duty Ghosts I realized it must of corrupted on install so I got the error you have to reinstall it and delete it properly.

pedro702

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Can you find it with ftpii everywhere? What is the title id you used?

i havent tryed ftpii yet.

You have to find the install you used that corrupted when installing then install again to get rid of it its a painful process else the error will show up again. I did the same thing install Call of Duty Ghosts I realized it must of corrupted on install so I got the error you have to reinstall it and delete it properly.
i did reinstall over it but i never refixed the nfs files but i packed the same game like 5 times, and i even tryed installing a diferent game over it so im stuck on what to do to make it appear on system settings so i can atleast delete it.

raleigh95

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

i havent tryed ftpii yet.

i did reinstall over it but i never refixed the nfs files but i packed the same game like 5 times, and i even tryed installing a diferent game over it so im stuck on what to do to make it appear on system settings so i can atleast delete it.

In the data management does it say there is corrupted data but unable to delete or just doesn't show? With corrupted data I had deleting I would start installing over again and pop the SD card out once it starts after a few mb, then in data management it always deletes the corrupted data, worth a try.

pedro702

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
In the data management does it say there is corrupted data but unable to delete or just doesn't show? With corrupted data I had deleting I would start installing over again and pop the SD card out once it starts after a few mb, then in data management it always deletes the corrupted data, worth a try.
its just not there but its on system menu and when i try to run it say the file is damaged to g to system settings to delete it, but its not there.

raleigh95

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its just not there but its on system menu and when i try to run it say the file is damaged to g to system settings to delete it, but its not there.
If you still have the install folder try reinstalling and removing the SD card once it begins installing (before it completely installs) and it may register as corrupt data in the data management and you can delete the title.

pedro702

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
If you still have the install folder try reinstalling and removing the SD card once it begins installing (before it completely installs) and it may register as corrupt data in the data management and you can delete the title.
just tryed that and no dice

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just tryed that and no dice
You should be able to track it down with ftpii everywhere with the title id you have, I haven't used it in a long time, but if i remember correctly, you find the titles/00050000/10102500 folder and delete the 10102500 folder, i'm not sure the directory name for the nand, did you install it to nand or usb?

Reactions: RiZe

pedro702

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
You should be able to track it down with ftpii everywhere with the title id you have, I haven't used it in a long time, but if i remember correctly, you find the titles/00050000/10102500 folder and delete the 10102500 folder, i'm not sure the directory name for the nand, did you install it to nand or usb?
nand

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You might have to check on the thread for ftpii everywhere for how to access the nand, but it should be as simple as deleting one folder, I don't think it will be a problem, I had something like this happen last year when I was making snes injects and forgot to change something in the meta.

pedro702

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
got fix ftpii everywhere but i cant findany titles at all and i have like 40 installed on nand what is the exact path for installed stuff on nand?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: People's funny bones are the same taste indeed