Homebrew Definitive way of getting GC cheats to work on Nintendont?

xSpeedx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Running out of ideas here. Dusted off my old Wii with Homebrew (done in 2013) 'cause I wanted to run FF Crystal Chronicles with some cheats on and followed a guide on vggts.

But the game didn't load with cheats on. No max hearts, max strength or anything. Then I found a Reddit post from 2016, WiiHacks sub.

But couldn't find out anything about this sneek-thingy mentioned there, except that apparently Nintendont doesn't need it anymore. Other than that, only useless guesswork, "I dunno"-posts, that kinda stuff. Oh, and lots of posts from Reddit and this forum alike about nintendont being unable to use cheats in general no matter the method used.

So, what's the deal with NGC cheats on a homebrew wii with physical NGC discs?

xSpeedx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Not sure what you mean by "make cheats on dolphin" at all but would that result in a savefile with cheats permanently active? Only wanted to load the game with cheats, do some quick boss farming, then save and load without cheats again to play normally.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
why would a guide talk about "neeky-thing" and you say it's not needed anymore for nintendont ? you never needed it.
what's so hard about cheatcode with nintendont?

I don't understand what you find hard, really.
do you want to know how to do it, or do you have problem making the cheatcde to work ?

few questions, because we don't have crystall balls.
- how are you launching Nintendont ? from HBC, from injected channels on Wii U ? on an USB Loader ? from Wii, vWii, etc. please, details, it might change how to use cheatcode!
- which version of nintendont are you using ?
- which game and which cheatcode do you want to use ? som cheatcode need a specific setting in nintendont, and most guide don't talk about that and let people to random and wrong things instead of just switching a proper and simple setting.

Last edited by Cyan,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UyxeZ7JYwZs&pp=ygUJVnIgaXMgZ2F5