Default Loader Triple Boot M3 DS Real

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by frank2008grimes@, Oct 31, 2008.

Oct 31, 2008
  1. frank2008grimes@
    OP

Newcomer frank2008grimes@ Newbie

Ireland
    Hey all,

Just got an M3 to replace my R4. I downloaded the latest firmware I could find, M3_Real_Sakura_iTouch_TripleBootEnglish_17th-10-08.zip, from http://www.linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/. Can the default loader be changed from Sakura to M3 loader, so you don't have to hold down X when you turn it on?

Googling revealed nothing. Any help greatly appreciated.

2. thedicemaster

Member thedicemaster GBAtemp Addict

Netherlands
    not possible as triple boot, because m3sakura is the only firmware capable of being used as a sort of bootmanager.

3. frank2008grimes@
    OP

Newcomer frank2008grimes@ Newbie

Ireland
    Okay then, what about editing m3 sakura files? After all it can redirect to M3 firmware based on X being held own. A challenge anyone? I will try myself as a nds homebrew hobbist but help would be great.

4. nicklessguy

Member nicklessguy GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    Can't you use M3 Loader as main firmware and have Sakura as an isolated thing that you run by executing its NDS file when you want?

But man, M3 Loader is so sucky! Its too sluggish, takes ages to navigate a big list of games, it looks ugly and feels unresponsive.
    Sakura is pretty and useful (it runs by itself most kinds of files you could want).
    For homebrew i got Flashcart OS in the DefaultY.NDS.

5. thedicemaster

Member thedicemaster GBAtemp Addict

Netherlands
    maybe, just maybe if the dldi version of m3sakura does have rom booting on m3real, and if you can live without soft-reset and other updates.

6. Densetsu

Former Staff Densetsu Pubic Ninja

United States
    QUOTE(frank2008grimes@gmail.com @ Oct 31 2008, 02:36 AM) Can the default loader be changed from Sakura to M3 loader, so you don't have to hold down X when you turn it on?
    You can rename "defaultx.nds" to "defaultn.nds," which would cause the M3 Real loader to boot by default, but then you'd have no way to get to the Sakura loader.

7. nicklessguy

Member nicklessguy GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    But really, if its gonna be like that, better to just ditch Sakura and use Real only. It will boot faster.

Anyway, i dont think he will need a ROM booting Sakura, if he will use Real as main firmware as he can just boot everything from it. Sakura will probably be useful for multimedia purposes only, then.

I dunno about you guys, but i think that turning the DS off to change the game, annoys me much less than all those OPT and CHT files that gets created for each single rom i configure for soft-reset [​IMG]