Gaming Default 5.01M33-4 PSP suddenly stopped playing psx eboots

artisan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my FF7 eboot (its a 3-disc single eboot) would play just fine before i updated to 5.0m33-4, and it played fine after i updated. but, for some reason, after i went into the recovery menu to change some settings, the ff7 eboot wont play any more.

what happens when i try to load up the game is the typical icon meny animation starts, music and such, i hit X, the "warning screen" comes up, fades to black, then stops. my psp freezes. no button works at all. i would have to hold the power switch to shut off the psp. pls help!
Edit/Delete Message

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
artisan said:
my FF7 eboot (its a 3-disc single eboot) would play just fine before i updated to 5.0m33-4, and it played fine after i updated. but, for some reason, after i went into the recovery menu to change some settings, the ff7 eboot wont play any more.

what happens when i try to load up the game is the typical icon meny animation starts, music and such, i hit X, the "warning screen" comes up, fades to black, then stops. my psp freezes. no button works at all. i would have to hold the power switch to shut off the psp. pls help!
Edit/Delete Message

you tried to change the settings back in recovery menu!?

artisan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
to tell you the truth, i didnt even change ANYthing. i just checked to see if cwcheat was on. so really, i DIDNT change a thing. i just went into recovery mode, but no changes were made.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
artisan said:
yes. i forgot which version i switched it to though.

change it again hold "R" when you choose your PSX Eboot
smile.gif

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
You were probably using the default from flash pops, and now that you updated the firmware, the default is different and does not support FF7. Try using another pops firmware.

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Then it's possible that when you updated, it broke the compatibility with popsloader. Since you deleted popsloader, it's now using the original pops from flash, which supports FF7.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Poor and jaundiced is he!