AKA zooksman
OP
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
Tired of seeing posts about this topic take up 5 slots in recent content?
Tired of never caring to look at or answer those questions?
Well this thread is your answer!

Guys, if you would, just to make things run smoother: Please ask all *HAX 2.5-related simple questions here instead of making a brand new thread. If this could receive some support or a sticky, that'd be great.

If I could page some 3DS experts here: @zoogie @cearp @smealum @Rinnegatamante

Last edited by endoverend,

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is O3DS related, 9.2 U. How can it be setup with ctrbootmanager plus cold autoboot? I can autoboot if I remove the boot_hb file (which is the 2.5 but renamed obviously). But when it's in, I'd run into a yellow screen, not even able to use ctrbootmanager.

Last edited by RustInPeace,

Damon_girl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I was wondering if Tomodachi Life is compatible with HANS? If it is, is it possible to make a rom hack out of it where you can change how the voices sound, modify clothing and text, etc? I've been wondering about this for awhile and I would love to know if it is possible. :)

Megalegacy98

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 1.7gb romfs file (pokemon X) with the first 0x1000 hex removed, put it in sd:/hans/, didnt work. I did everything right... was hans supposed to make a folder in the root btw?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hello, I was wondering if Tomodachi Life is compatible with HANS? If it is, is it possible to make a rom hack out of it where you can change how the voices sound, modify clothing and text, etc? I've been wondering about this for awhile and I would love to know if it is possible. :)
It's possible, I know that. It doesn't have the new encryption so you are able to dump it.

Reactions: Damon_girl

Damon_girl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 1.7gb romfs file (pokemon X) with the first 0x1000 hex removed, put it in sd:/hans/, didnt work. I did everything right... was hans supposed to make a folder in the root btw?

It's possible, I know that. It doesn't have the new encryption so you are able to dump it.

Okay. I have no idea about coding or any of that technical stuff so would someone be willing to walk me through on how exactly you would modify the game?

The_Master

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The Hans folder is supposed to be in the root, yeah. Did you edit the romfs at all? What happens when you run it through HANS?

Megalegacy98

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Hans folder is supposed to be in the root, yeah. Did you edit the romfs at all? What happens when you run it through HANS?
Of course I edited it, I used PK3DS to edit it. When I run it through HANS, I get a thin glitched screen on the top screen to the left, it starts at the middle then goes down

The_Master

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of course I edited it, I used PK3DS to edit it. When I run it through HANS, I get a thin glitched screen on the top screen to the left, it starts at the middle then goes down
Someone else reported when they scrubbed the file (removing the bytes in the romfs), it started working for them.
If you did that, did you edit starters? Apparently that causes that glitch.

Megalegacy98

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone else reported when they scrubbed the file (removing the bytes in the romfs), it started working for them.
Wow seriously?! Thanks for telling me that!

Do you know the order of the starters? Because apparently I cleared the starters.

The_Master

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow seriously?! Thanks for telling me that!

Do you know the order of the starters? Because apparently I cleared the starters.
I think it goes Chespin, Fennikin, Froakie.
I think anything that changes the .DLL files makes that glitch happen. When randomizing, just use the romfs tools.

~Poke~

Trophies
XP
Country
HANS has a region labelled AUS, anyone know what thats about? I live in AUS and Im pretty sure we use the EUR region... The games I imported sure worked fine. Maybe this is about something else?

FM360

Kappa
Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
Does HANS region change for pokemon games means being able to claim foreign codes? Say I changed the cart from US to Japanese.
No, the language setting is part of your save data. Just use an action replay or something.

HANS has a region labelled AUS, anyone know what thats about? I live in AUS and Im pretty sure we use the EUR region... The games I imported sure worked fine. Maybe this is about something else?

Maybe one is for Pal50 and one for Pal60?? I always thought EUR and AUS shared the same region.

Yourstrulyxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does 2.5 support rxtools? I remember trying 2.0 and it didn't work, and I've only come across a few articles would state that 2.0 does not support rxtools.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
its probably just that AUS consoles have their own flag so its included for completeness....even though its just the same as EU

Reactions: ~Poke~

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Just 6 but dual band 6 lol