Hardware Dedicated expansion slide pad Nintendo 3DS LL

mad_gamer_jad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guess it isn't as massive as I thought it was when I saw the frontal pic.
Nope, it's much better than the original beast for the 3DS.

J3KTJ.jpg

The contrast between the white and black helps illustrate the actual size of the device.
Doesn't look that bad, and if you have an XL you probably don't care that much about portability anyway.
Kind of off-topic but MH4 looks way better off screen than those shitty screen captures.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't look that bad, and if you have an XL you probably don't care that much about portability anyway.
Kind of off-topic but MH4 looks way better off screen than those shitty screen captures.
Just for the record, my XL fits just as easily in my pocket as my original 3DS did. And I don't even wear massive or baggy pants, either. When folded, it's really not much bigger than the 3DS as one might imagine it. Also, the more rounded corners make it more "pocket friendly," at least to me (looks more evenly distributed in the pocket, as opposed to a huge square boner in my pocket)

mad_gamer_jad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just for the record, my XL fits just as easily in my pocket as my original 3DS did. And I don't even wear massive or baggy pants, either. When folded, it's really not much bigger than the 3DS as one might imagine it. Also, the more rounded corners make it more "pocket friendly," at least to me (looks more evenly distributed in the pocket, as opposed to a huge square boner in my pocket)
I've never held one personally so I wouldn't know, but usually if someone's aiming for portability they go with the smaller device
But yeah I can see how the XL could fit in a pocket

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I've never held one personally so I wouldn't know, but usually if someone's aiming for portability they go with the smaller device
But yeah I can see how the XL could fit in a pocket
Yeah. Though to be fair, when I decided to upgrade to the XL, one of my reasons was because I realized that I don't play it that much when I'm out and about anymore (and I keep a backpack with me everywhere, anyway), so I wasn't really concerned about being able to keep it in my pocket. The fact that I was able to came about as a pleasant surprise more than anything else.

So in other words, there's at least SOME truth to what you say about XL owners not caring about portability as much.

BenRK

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I care about portability... But I have GIANT pockets. So I can hold my 3DS XL in a little bag and my cellphone in the same pocket with room to spare. Snug, but I could put more in. That said, yeah, I play my 3DS more at home then out and about, so not really a big deal.

Reactions: 1 person
D

Deleted_171835

I would still consider the 3DS XL portable. It's not too big to fit in my pocket and it's still small enough to play on the bus or something.

I don't like home consoles.
Surely there is a better way to word that. Like, "I would rather play it on a handheld".

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would still consider the 3DS XL portable. It's not too big to fit in my pocket and it's still small enough to play on the bus or something.

Surely there is a better way to word that. Like, "I would rather play it on a handheld".
Sure, but I still don't like home consoles.

Reactions: 1 person

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I may ask, why? (Just curious 'cause I went through a similar "I don't care for consoles" phase just a couple years ago.)
I dunno, maybe I just don't like sharing. Mostly it's that they're so expensive and slightly because I can't sneak it into my bedroom and play at midnight.

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I dunno, maybe I just don't like sharing. Mostly it's that they're so expensive and slightly because I can't sneak it into my bedroom and play at midnight.
Haha, I remember those good-ol' times. I was basically confined exclusively to my 3DS and emulators on my phone and laptop this summer because my parents give me heat whenever they see me play, even if it's once in a blue moon. -_-

ieatpixels

Trophies
XP
Country
Such an awful, hideous device. (the 3DS XL both with and without the CPP)
It's like those horrid addons for already huge consoles in the 80's and early 90's that we look back at and make fun of, except this one's modern for some reason.

tumblr_mapd6zvGXN1qzp9weo1_1280.jpg

I hate the huge bottom screen on the 3DS XL by the way, completely useless. Worse than useless really as it mis-shapes the virtual buttons some games make.

Pyrii

Trophies
XP
Country
For crying out loud it's not even the same colour as the 3DS XL's black plastic areas. This thing really was an afterthought cash-in...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: @SylverReZ :creep: