Homebrew Decrypting CIA without Decrypt9 for moflex injection?

oMETCALFEo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm trying to decrypt a CIA to inject a moflex for a 3D movie. After a little search around, it seems you can't use decrypt9 on any firmware over 9.2? If this is true, I read that braindumper can decrypt CIAs enough for HANS to unpack and repack. I'm wondering if braindumper is also enough for injecting a moflex? Or if there's any other tool for decrypting CIAs.

I've tried using videoinject found here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/videoinject-inject-moflex-videos-and-create-cias.434225/ but I can't seem to get it to work so would rather do it manually.

Any help would be appreciated, I'm on N3DS 11.2 with A9LH and Luma, followed plailect's guide.

Aletron9000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to decrypt a CIA to inject a moflex for a 3D movie. After a little search around, it seems you can't use decrypt9 on any firmware over 9.2? If this is true, I read that braindumper can decrypt CIAs enough for HANS to unpack and repack. I'm wondering if braindumper is also enough for injecting a moflex? Or if there's any other tool for decrypting CIAs.

I've tried using videoinject found here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/videoinject-inject-moflex-videos-and-create-cias.434225/ but I can't seem to get it to work so would rather do it manually.

Any help would be appreciated, I'm on N3DS 11.2 with A9LH and Luma, followed plailect's guide.

A9LH can chainload decrypt9. You can decrypt it with a9lh installed. Create a folder in /luma called "payloads". Place the decrypt9 .bin file in there. Rename it to, for example, x_Decrypt9.bin. When you launch luma, hold down X and it will boot decrypt9

Last edited by Aletron9000,

oMETCALFEo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
A9LH can chainload decrypt9. You can decrypt it with a9lh installed. Create a folder in /luma called "payloads". Place the decrypt9 .bin file in there. Rename it to, for example, x_Decrypt9.bin. When you launch luma, hold down X and it will boot decrypt9
Thank you so much, I'll give this a try. Didn't know if I could use it due to a few posts here saying it wasn't possible. Possibly outdated posts.

Edit: Worked, thanks again.

Last edited by oMETCALFEo,
D

Deleted User

Why even bother injecting the moflex files? Why not just put the moflex files directly on your SD card and watch them? That's what I do if I really want to watch something in 3d on my ds.

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why even bother injecting the moflex files? Why not just put the moflex files directly on your SD card and watch them? That's what I do if I really want to watch something in 3d on my ds.
Moflex can't just be put on the sd card. They are the better format to watch movies anyway because you can install each as a .cia and in 3d.

D

Deleted User

Multiple Moflex files can be placed directly on the SD card and watched without injection. I use an app I compiled from the dev kit that can do it; has somebody not made a homebrew alternative of this yet? I would share the compiled app but I am sure that is against the rules. Also on the point of there being better formats for the movie; wrong. The 3ds does not really support viewing 3d content in other formats, at least not nearly as well as moflex files.

D

Deleted User

No I did not install or inject the movie. I encoded a file to the moflex format and placed it on the root of my SD card. Open the app and it will list all moflex files on the root of the card and you can choose what you want to play.

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No I did not install or inject the movie. I encoded a file to the moflex format and placed it on the root of my SD card. Open the app and it will list all moflex files on the root of the card and you can choose what you want to play.
What is the name of this app? Why aren't people using that over injections

D

Deleted User

It is just called movie viewer. And I have no idea why they are not using it over injections. It may be because it is an app from the nintendo dev program. Either way I thought by now people would be using it or a homebrew alternative.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is just called movie viewer. And I have no idea why they are not using it over injections. It may be because it is an app from the nintendo dev program. Either way I thought by now people would be using it or a homebrew alternative.
I've never heard of this application. but there's no homebrew equivalent that can just play moflex files.

D

Deleted User

IMG_20161104_215052.jpg
IMG_20161104_215336.jpg
Here are pics of the app running. Moflex files are listed on bottom screen. Top screen is just logo until a moflex is being played; at which point top screen becomes the video and bottom has controls.

lordkaos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Multiple Moflex files can be placed directly on the SD card and watched without injection. I use an app I compiled from the dev kit that can do it; has somebody not made a homebrew alternative of this yet? I would share the compiled app but I am sure that is against the rules. Also on the point of there being better formats for the movie; wrong. The 3ds does not really support viewing 3d content in other formats, at least not nearly as well as moflex files.

could you upload that app to "that iso site"?, or could you at least tell us where can we find it within the sdk?, thanks.

Aletron9000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
could you upload that app to "that iso site"?, or could you at least tell us where can we find it within the sdk?, thanks.

it is within the 3ds tools. look it up on the dev site. just look up "Movie viewer"

you need to convert the .cci to a .cia then decrypt the cia because it has some sort of fixed key encryption. then you can install and run the app

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it is within the 3ds tools. look it up on the dev site. just look up "Movie viewer"

you need to convert the .cci to a .cia then decrypt the cia because it has some sort of fixed key encryption. then you can install and run the app
one note: if it's using zerokey, the latest Luma3DS release supports it now, as well as Gateway.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dSN52HstbI