Decrypt9 Not booting

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Coaleb, Oct 27, 2016.

1. Coaleb
    OP

Coaleb Member

Newcomer
    Jan 4, 2016
    United States
    So my synand is on 9.2. I have tried many times to boot it. Homebrew works perfectly fine but the decrypt tool does not. What can I do to fix it. I have the files in the root of the sd card and it still won't do anything.

2. proflayton123

proflayton123 Undeclared Shitposter 2.1

Jan 11, 2016
    Japan
    日本
    I'm guessing you're booting with menuhax?

3. Coaleb
    OP

Coaleb Member

Newcomer
    Jan 4, 2016
    United States
    At the moment I am booting through ootdhax

4. Justin14p

Justin14p GBAtemp Regular

Jun 5, 2016
    Poland
    I had the same problem. Just download the older version. If it still won't boot, then install older-older version etc. Do that until one of them boot.

5. Coaleb
    OP

Coaleb Member

Newcomer
    Jan 4, 2016
    United States
    Okay I will try that thanks

6. Coaleb
    OP

Coaleb Member

Newcomer
    Jan 4, 2016
    United States
    So I'm thinking I have a partially downgraded system. Though in the past I was able to use decrypt. How do I fix this without updating to the newest software. Is there a way to upgrade to say 10.3 and then go downgrade again?

7. evandixon

evandixon PMD Researcher

May 29, 2009
    United States
    If you think you have a partial downgrade, just run the downgrader from your current version again, no need to upgrade. There's also a tool out there somewhere that can check to see if you have a partial downgrade, but I don't know what it's called.

8. Coaleb
    OP

Coaleb Member

Newcomer
    Jan 4, 2016
    United States
    I did that was it called downgrade chk and when I did downgrade again it just said it was fine and rebooted. I did the downgrades twice just to make sure.