ROM Hack Decrypt/Unpack Rom and "hack it"

Insight2k

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello everyone,

hopefully you can help me out. as i have asked in a previous topic about translations (the stickied one), there might be a chance for just hacking and replacing the text ingame (no transaltions at all) for the inazuma eleven games on the 3ds. since the translations for the names are really awful, i just wanted to know if there is a step by step tutorial what i have to a) use for getting those files and b) putting them together again after altering them.

liomajor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's very easy to decrypt romfs and to rebuild it, but everything depends on how the game stores the text informations.

There might be a dat file with LZXX compression including pictures / bch / ctr graphics and lots more possebilities... no chema F!

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
oh Inazuma fans .. how I wanted pokemon fans where like you gus =w= I don't know why localizednams por people/
pokemon is very accepted but inazuma one's nope... even if the people like both XD and I ike how you guys are strong enought together make original names and dub it happen XD
Well let's go .. you need a GW and 9.4 or 7.x firmewares ...
for 9.4: http://gbatemp.net/threads/xorpad-generation-on-9-2.380432/for 7x:https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-converting-3ds-to-cia-for-dummies.373722/ Have a good work there! show us the results!
Sakka yarouze! /o/

Insight2k

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Alright, i will give it a go in some time. The Pokémon names... I can live with those somehow, but it doesnt feel alright with inazuma.

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Alright, i will give it a go in some time. The Pokémon names... I can live with those somehow, but it doesnt feel alright with inazuma.

I can tell you the pokemon names isn't a issue, also I think it's nice to have difference names from regions .. it make soud like animals that have a name for each language ( a lot o people buggy me but I say that portuguese version could had pokemon names as well :v also spanish that actually have the game on their language but murikan names ... ) but pro PEOPLE it's so much wrong! like inazuma (until HGSS) the hame happens on japan, there were japanese people(and some outsiders) living in japan, just like inazuma, so why it's ok to change Shirona to Cynthia, Haruka to May? but changing Kazemaru to Nathan oh god it's unaceptable! (I'm just sayng that is pretty the same thing but they can live with localzied pokemon, but no inazuma :B I don't like this kind of localziation, it's very xenophobic lol)
Also a lot of stuff that where already in englsh but the changed anyway like fastball, other itens and stuffs xp for me the localized is very worse than inazuma, and have this power of making the fans not caring about the original :x

But well, you don't have to care, just sharing my torment =w=

Insight2k

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
successfully decrypted it and changed for now kidou's name, but .... i dont have enough space on my sd card. have to get a new one to test it out :/ so...still waiting and see if it works or not.

can someone tell me, if i am ever releasing such thing, how would i be able to ? i am not interested in uploading .cia files or sth similar. is there a programm which is letting me handle the "changes" to those files or do i have to write my own?

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
successfully decrypted it and changed for now kidou's name, but .... i dont have enough space on my sd card. have to get a new one to test it out :/ so...still waiting and see if it works or not.

can someone tell me, if i am ever releasing such thing, how would i be able to ? i am not interested in uploading .cia files or sth similar. is there a programm which is letting me handle the "changes" to those files or do i have to write my own?

well I saw a lot of dranlation that instead of sharing the rom, they shared one ips patch, something that are only the archives that changes, with a program to iject it on th actual rom ... but I don't know if it's possible with 3Ds ...

Insight2k

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well, i am a c# developer and thought about sth that might work. Don't want to spent time on sth that already exists ;)
Nonetheless, thank you so far for your support.

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
no problem, if I can help I will do it xD also as you see, I love "undubing/unlocalizing" stuffs XD (I'm on my way trying to 100% undub smash brothers4....)
well if no one do one you culd do and lauch it o3o)/ would help a lot of people xD

Insight2k

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
General question: When i change the romfs.bin to my liking, do i have to change other files as well? i have repacked it to a .cia and installed it, but it didn't let me start the game.

Insight2k

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
nvm the thing before. something different happened to me. i changed just a single name (e.g. Mark Evans to Endou Mamo), kept the length from the original name, just in case... but when i start a new game, it doesnt continue (freezes) or when i am loading a savegame, i have no single character in my team and i am moving an invisible character....any thoughts about this? did i miss sth?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse