djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just went on topical vacation.. the deck was perfect. I was able to make play it for a couple of hours of free time.. noting better then laying on the beach.. cursing up a storm because I died for the 1000x in super meat boy.

I had 3 different guys come up to me in the airport asking about the Steam deck.. my wife was laughing saying I was making new friends .. but all 3 guys wanted to purchase one but did not want to wait the preorder issue… man I’m pretty sure the steam deck will blow up if they are able to get hold of the supply issue and have them ready to ship.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I can't blame those three guys: nobody ever wants to wait. But when scarcity is a thing and the product is popular, this is how it's best handled.

I'm fairly confident it'll turn out to be a big hit, even if it's spread out over such a long period. :)

And perhaps a bit more on-topic: is the screen visible/playable in full sun?

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't blame those three guys: nobody ever wants to wait. But when scarcity is a thing and the product is popular, this is how it's best handled.

I'm fairly confident it'll turn out to be a big hit, even if it's spread out over such a long period. :)

And perhaps a bit more on-topic: is the screen visible/playable in full sun?
The glare was a bit too much in direct sunlight but in the cabana or umbrella it was playable..

I have to say I don’t mind valves handling of the decks release.. although it’s never going to stop scalpers, it has stop the connected scalpers, who bought 100s of ps5 at once thru connections

Reactions: Xzi

stephrk398

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I heard a lot of people are self-conscious to pull that thing out in public because it sticks out like a sore thumb lol. Haven't used mine in a public space yet.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I heard a lot of people are self-conscious to pull that thing out in public because it sticks out like a sore thumb lol. Haven't used mine in a public space yet.

Can't look any worse than those cheap crappy Abernic handhelds that all use the same underpowered CPUs :P

Reactions: Xzi

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I didn't really want to use my Switch in public for the first few months, but that's more because I figured it would attract potential thieves like moths to a flame. Same reason I'll probably wait a bit to pull my Deck out in public, it's going for 2-3x MSRP on eBay right now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Group statistics

Members:
Threads: