Homebrew Dealing with MKV

element73

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I'm not gonna say how long I've been looking and testing to get an mkv > dpg working because you wouldn't believe me. I don't care about quality, but worry about video and audio sync. I will say this: I used about 4 different conversion programs, did several file conversions and downloaded at least 10 programs. My life is draining away lol.

Some example conversion programs: batchdpg, dpgtools, super, xvid4psp
I like dpgtools v1.31 because its faster from what I've seen so far.

Please someone help me.. I got my last thread closed in 10min at doom9.com
I got an mkv container with VFR, I want it in dpg2 or dpg3. The mkv has 2 audio tracks jap and eng with subtitles. I want the eng audio which is the 2nd track. Every conversion program I used keeps using the 1st track, jap. I tried setting the language by typing in eng; didn't help (although the only program I didn't try this with yet is batchdpg v1.3 beta 5, which I am testing right now as I speak). I want the subtitles hard subbed, which is not too hard to accomplish. And most importantly I want the video and audio to be in sync, every programs failed to do this for some reason, except super, but the problem with super is that it converts to dpg1(very slow seeking) AND it used the jap audio, grr. dpgtools can do what super does except it created a dpg3 and uses the jap track..

If someone knows how to do this or has a theory (an experienced one hopefully). Can you please list the steps and I don't need them in full detail(so you don't have to type so much).

tirges

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'm not sure what tootls to use, but I'd try de-muxing the mkv, so you get separate video and audio streams, than remake an mkv with just the english audio... throw that in dpgtools or something... ?

Dizzy Doom

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Haven't you tried MKV -> Avi, then Avi->DPG ?
Finding a MKV->Avi converter that lets you select soundtracks is easy enough, and Avi->DPG doesnt have any desync problems, at least not with batchDPG.

element73

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dizzy Doom said:
Haven't you tried MKV -> Avi, then Avi->DPG ?
Finding a MKV->Avi converter that lets you select soundtracks is easy enough, and Avi->DPG doesnt have any desync problems, at least not with batchDPG.

ya I did that, it works, but its kind of a hassel, it would take almost an hour for just 40min of video. xvid4psp is an amazing underrated program, it lets you select audio tracks when it detects an mkv. From what i see, ppl make request on the program on their forums and i guess they actually respond to their demands. Right now xvid4psp is working on dpg3, which batchdpg has yet to accomplish. Though the difference between dpg2 and dpg3 etc.. has no meaning to me because they both allow fast seeking.

I wish someone out there could make a guide for MKV w/ VFR > DPG, while selecting an audio track that you want, because this is probably the most difficult conversion. MKV > AVI > DPG, seems like the only option to me. But there has to be a code maybe in mencoder or avisyth that allows you to select a specific track you want encoded (maybe there isn't, idk).

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MicShadow said:
Try SUPER encoder, it works great for ANY DPG encoding

Way to read the original post. (second time I've said that in the past 10 minutes, wow)

Though I do believe SUPER does contain some sort of audio select option that should allow you to use the English track. You'll still have the slow seeking, but it's an option.

Otherwise if you're looking for an MKV-to-AVI converter that lets you choose the audio track and hardcode the subtitles, you could give AllToAVI a try. Free tool, works with what I've thrown at it.

element73

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just a heads up for those who are into conversions of dpg, currently the latest moonshell 2 beta that was released and translated contained a newer version of dpgtools. It now allows DPG4 format, not sure what improvements have been made and if you try doing a search on google, you can't find much heh. Anyways, these dpg formats arn't too different from each other, though dpg2 and up have faster seeking, and allow more options. That's about all the information you can find for just doing a general search.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: