Hacking Dealextreme?

Dangy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Inuuto said:
If Dealextreme were to still have Acekard 2i, and I used the standard checkout could I use a VISA gift card?

Yeah, I think you can.

If not, just link the gift card to a Paypal account.

XWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
Personally - after hearing about the dud cards, the insane waiting times for delivery and everything else I cannot understand why anyone would use DX.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
XWolf said:
Personally - after hearing about the dud cards, the insane waiting times for delivery and everything else I cannot understand why anyone would use DX.
Because they are cheap!($12.97) I have 3 AK2i's from them all of which are genuine and working. Same goes for the 3 I got from FocalPrice which were also $12.97. None of them took over 2 weeks from order to delivery.

They me cost less than £8.50 each (depending on the exchange rate), whereas nds-gear you are often recommending are charging £15.99. There's no way i'm paying £15.99 for something when I can get an identical item for £8.50, even if it does mean I have to wait a few more days for delivery.

All depends on how much of a skinflint you are.

Rockman-X

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
As someone who, after lurking for a while on this forum and ordered an Acekard2i from DX anyway, received it yesterday and had no problem at all with it (AKAIO is awesome thankyouverymuch), I'm suspecting of astroturfing from other (more expensive) resellers...
unsure.gif

Maybe following this awesome guide to the letter had some influence on my experience being better than other users'?

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
tk_saturn said:
XWolf said:
Because they are cheap!($12.97) I have 3 AK2i's from them all of which are genuine and working. Same goes for the 3 I got from FocalPrice which were also $12.97. None of them took over 2 weeks from order to delivery.

They me cost less than £8.50 each (depending on the exchange rate), whereas nds-gear you are often recommending are charging £15.99. There's no way i'm paying £15.99 for something when I can get an identical item for £8.50, even if it does mean I have to wait a few more days for delivery.

All depends on how much of a skinflint you are.
So? You can get the AK2i from http://www.0shippingzone.com/ for $16.45, or $13.50 for the AK2. Less than five bucks difference to not have to deal with Dealextreme and their slow shipping, poor support, etc. And on top of it, Dealextreme is not and has never been a sponsor for GBAtemp while 0ShippingZone is.

You're buying a product that plays infinite games--for free--and expect us to believe that $3.50 makes a huge difference? I spend more than that on tips at breakfast.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
dib said:
So? You can get the AK2i from http://www.0shippingzone.com/ for $16.45, or $13.50 for the AK2. Less than five bucks difference to not have to deal with Dealextreme and their slow shipping, poor support, etc. And on top of it, Dealextreme is not and has never been a sponsor for GBAtemp while 0ShippingZone is.

You're buying a product that plays infinite games--for free--and expect us to believe that $3.50 makes a huge difference? I spend more than that on tips at breakfast.

So what? I can buy it locally for $16.45 from 7DayShop who are reputable dealer which explictly states they are genuine, and have much faster shipping. They will be around years after 0SZ has disappeared, which has only been around since last year.

I believe XWolf was also comparing to a local retailer, NDSGear NOT 0SZ. Which is what my post was refering to.

I have 3 carts from DX and 3 from FP all for $12.97; all are working, genuine, and arrived within 2 weeks. So I couldn't give a toss that someone thinks I should have brought from 0SZ instead for an extra $20.88.

In case you aren't aware 0SZ are in China, their shipping times are pretty much the same as DX. I also like DX because they fiddle the custom forms, they indicate it as gift and specify the amount the amount in HKD instead of $.

leemufc

Trophies
XP
Country
rommy667 said:
Ill third that DX ROCKS
smile.gif
never had a problem in over 3 yrs,never got a dud AK2i off them either yeah sometimes shipping can be a bit slow then other times its amazing how fast it was.......
+1

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
paypal only
and paypal needs to be linked to a bank account

Ive tried the giftcard thing before with a amex card, didnt work

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I have gotten only one dead on arrival on dealextreme and it was replacement TFT for DSL, and granted it could been just postal workers giving it rough for the pack.

everything else has been fine (one piece of M3 reals year ago, came and was fine)

bennyroger

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
After the chinese newyear, my orders on DX has been faster than normal, ordered lots of cards for friends of mine on the February 18 and they arrived today. Orders made on 20, 21, 22 have also been sent. Not bad for the price.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
conspiracy said:
How do you still order flashcards on DX?
They are all removed.

Goto VolumeRate which is the wholesale sistersite to DealExtreme. Find the cart you want and note down the SKU code. Goto DealExtreme and on the lefthand side of the page there's a box:
dx.jpg

Enter the SKU code of the cart into that and click Go. You will then get a product page popup where you can order the cart from.

Quite a few people have ordered carts using this workaround and have received them no problems. I had 2 AK2i's delivered on 13/02.

An alternative site to purchase from is 0ShippingZone or you can try PriceAngels

If you are ordering an Acekard 2i and you don't have a DS Lite or DSi pre 1.4 to update it, then buy from 0SZ instead of DX as they come with the update pre-applied, or atleast they do until Nintendo finds out. As you're a n00b, don't buy the AK2.1 as they are all having save issues; get the AK2i instead even if you only have a DS Lite.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
conspiracy said:
I used the addquantity link in the forums, but your tip is better!
wink.gif
It just gives people a little more confidence that DX will send them as you get the full product page popup with all the photos, description and links to the product forum just like before it was removed from the site.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, i have a physical copy of mgs4