Hacking DealExtreme sells EDGE without packaging.

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I was going around DealExtreme's stock, and I found out they don't sell the EDGE with packaging anymore.

EDGE [With Packaging] $15.07 [None in Stock]
EDGE [Without Packaging] $16.50 [In Stock]

And it is more expensive~! Doesn't make sense. With packaging should've been more expensive~! They should lower the price to $12 to compete with the AceKard~!
hate2.gif

W.I.C.K.E.D.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's funny, I was going through their stock and noticed this earlier today too. I love the edge cart, I currently own two of them. I see a good side and a bad side to deal extremes decision.
1. The bad side obviously being the price, why would you sell this for more minus packaging. (My guess is the manufacturer is trying to make up past orders and can't make the packaging fast enough to keep up with carts shipping out)
2. The good side is that now the cart is available, which is all that really matters.(I love the one of a kind packaging, but thats not why I decided to puchase this card) I suppose too this will make resellers think twice before ordering 100 of these and completely relinquishing deal extremes hoard of them.(cause I'm sure they had many back orders to fill, MANY)

All I'm waiting for is the edge dsi now, hopefully at or following US release of dsi. I think being they've been in this game for a little while, a subtle cart upgrade wouldn't be hard for them and they shouldn't even have to wait for the cyclo to come out with their edition for the dsi first. Then again, they might just wait for the firmware possibilities. Some say it's a clone, I say it got it's inspiration from it's more expensive older brother. Think GTA chinatown wars for example....got it's basis and structure from it's older more seasoned predecesor GTA IV.(not a 100% clone, just very similar structure) Just was released on a simpler more watered down level. Just think about it
bow.gif
nds.gif
bow.gif

W.I.C.K.E.D.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and being the definition of a clone is an exact copy, I think the technical side wins with this one and it theoretically cannot be termed a clone. For they might be very similar, they are not identical.
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif

EDIT: my bad about the second post, I f*ed up and didn't hit edit. SRY

santorix10

Trophies
Website
rememberthe8bit.googlepages.com
XP
Country
United States
drwrir said:
and being the definition of a clone is an exact copy, I think the technical side wins with this one and it theoretically cannot be termed a clone. For they might be very similar, they are not identical.
hate2.gif
hate2.gif
hate2.gif

EDIT: my bad about the second post, I f*ed up and didn't hit edit. SRY

Yes, while it is similar to a Cyclo Evolution, it doesn't have the on-board flash memory, or the crazy price hike. (Seriously, how many customers do they expect to get once people know about $6 flashcards if they doggedly stick to that $50 price point. Or if a $15 card has all the functionality and more of the real thing.)

masher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i ordered the one without packaging from dealextreme, but it come with the box and everything....fill your boots.

gates59

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does anyone know it the edge will be able to run the new 3in1+ without using rudolphe any time soon. It would be the perfect flash cart then. That is why I still prefer my acekard with akaio. THNX.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Hawaii played it smart and said we're too hot for this land