OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hello,

I want to order Gamecube controllers from Dealextreme (probably this one), but I first wanted to know if they are worth it or not. The shape look exactly like an official one, wich is good, but I would like to hear some opinions on them from GBAtempers.

Are they good or not?

Thanks,

-gaboumafou

squirt1000

Would rather have a cup of Tea!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Some third party controllers refuse to work on the Wii for some strange reason
frown.gif

unr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They work and feel pretty good, HOWEVER there's a possibility that you will receive a dead controller.

I ordered one back in the summer, received one that was experiencing random disconnects. Asked for a replacement and they sent out another one. After receiving the replacement controller, i found out that it wasn't working at all. Requested a replacement again (had to open a support ticket) and finally, three months after the initial order, I had a working GC controller.

SavageWaffle

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
unr said:
They work and feel pretty good, HOWEVER there's a possibility that you will receive a dead controller.

I ordered one back in the summer, received one that was experiencing random disconnects. Asked for a replacement and they sent out another one. After receiving the replacement controller, i found out that it wasn't working at all. Requested a replacement again (had to open a support ticket) and finally, three months after the initial order, I had a working GC controller.

DX has the best service, just send it back and they will send a new one

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
i ordered three of these and the only difficulty is that with one of them, the A button gets stuck sometimes. this is not really a downside for me as i just use that particular controller for mario kart so i have to have it constantly held down anyway.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
spend the few extra $ and get a real controller for amazon or some where
its not worth it buying cheap knockoff controllers, same for memory cards/ect...

gaboumafou

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
lenselijer said:
you will not get the one in the picture but a cheaper knockoff. it works fine in the wii though...
Really? It's important for me to have the same shape/feeling as the original GC controller...
frown.gif

Well, if it's like any other cheap knockoff and doesn't look like the official one, I think I might as well pay a little more to get an official one?

gaboumafou

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well, I think I can find GC Controllers in my city for that price, I was just interested to see if these imitations from Dealextreme where good, but they look like crap according to your comments...
frown.gif

gaboumafou

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
In comparison with an official controller, how does it stand? Is the quality acceptable? Reviews on Dealextreme are really varied, some liking it and others saying it's crap...

gaboumafou

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well, it look like the GC controllers my local videogame store is selling for 25$ are the exact one seen at Dealextreme. They look a lot like the official ones, and I love the white shell. Might order one!

NikoK

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Don't buy it at all. I bought two and the accuracy on the joysticks is just lame. It doesn't register through all of the non standard 8 directions (Diagonals and Straight up down left right)

The controller sucks ass for smash bros.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
gaboumafou said:
Really? It's important for me to have the same shape/feeling as the original GC controller...
frown.gif

Well, if it's like any other cheap knockoff and doesn't look like the official one, I think I might as well pay a little more to get an official one?

you are best of getting a wavebird (if you can find one) or go to your local flea market and have a look around, some game shops still have old gamecube stock and will sell it off for cheap.

QUOTE(myclock @ May 5 2008, 01:29 PM) so would you suggest to just get a classic controller instead?

no, it's overpriced and you get what you pay for when you buy cheap knock offs.

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If you want the original shape and feeling, then why even bother with cheap knockoffs like these?
You might get the original shape, but you won't be getting the original feeling, that's for sure...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol