DeadSkullzJr

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh didn't know that was a thing thanks. at some games the ap patch works but on other games it breaks yeah
These cheats are mostly intended for older kernel builds that may not have AP fixes built in for certain titles or ROM hacks that carry too many changes that prevent the built in fixes from working properly. Majority of flash devices now a days has a kernel of sorts that works for most titles that people actually play, I recommend you only enable these if there's absolutely no other option left and you are facing issues in-game.

AWESOMEGAMER

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your codes, I found out the issue I was having with my problem with the codes, and guess what is was not the codes,. Your perfect codes that work like gold.
I had not updated TW++ since the creation of the sun. Yea that was the first TW++ I had ever put on my 3ds.
If it is not broke and it works then I do not update EVER

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your codes, I found out the issue I was having with my problem with the codes, and guess what is was not the codes,. Your perfect codes that work like gold.
I had not updated TW++ since the creation of the sun. Yea that was the first TW++ I had ever put on my 3ds.
If it is not broke and it works then I do not update EVER
Glad the problem was solved, yea you have to stay up on the software sometimes, things may seem like they work at first but eventually something will poke its ugly head out and give you problems. Obviously you don't need to update stuff right away but you know, be moderate about it, don't just sit on one thing forever, software will fail eventually.

Reactions: Alexander1970

AWESOMEGAMER

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
。・゚゚*(>д<)*゚゚・。
yeah W8.1 & W10 are to blame yeah I will just blame them because why not. I just want to. I really hate updating every thing since then, The only thing that updates automatically that I like is my Roku TV.
When I see updates, I think oh no remember that update for W10, remember what happened, *sadness* (ノД`)
the utter pain of it all (×_×)⌒☆

DorDur215

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello!

I'm having trouble copying the following codelists to my action replay dsi:

Pokemon HeartGold (Germany), SoulSilver (Germany), Black, Black 2 (Germany), White, White 2 (Germany).

When I drag them onto my action replay dsi using action replay dsi code manager on my pc I get the following error:

Failed to write a file to you ActionReplay (CODELIST ERROR)

When I try to copy them from the sd card that I plugged into the action replay cartridge I get the following error:

ERROR :: Unknown line <gameid>
ERROR :: FP1 (<gameid>)
WARNING ERROR in codelist file

Pokemon Diamond (Germany), Pearl (Germany), Platinum (Germany) work fine.

Everything is updated to the latest version.

EDIT: I just found out that copying other regions of those games works it seems like it's just the german codelists that don't work!

What could the error be then?

I have no idea how to look for it or fix it!

Last edited by DorDur215,

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello!

I'm having trouble copying the following codelists to my action replay dsi:

Pokemon HeartGold (Germany), SoulSilver (Germany), Black, Black 2 (Germany), White, White 2 (Germany).

When I drag them onto my action replay dsi using action replay dsi code manager on my pc I get the following error:

Failed to write a file to you ActionReplay (CODELIST ERROR)

When I try to copy them from the sd card that I plugged into the action replay cartridge I get the following error:

ERROR :: Unknown line <gameid>
ERROR :: FP1 (<gameid>)
WARNING ERROR in codelist file

Pokemon Diamond (Germany), Pearl (Germany), Platinum (Germany) work fine.

Everything is updated to the latest version.

EDIT: I just found out that copying other regions of those games works it seems like it's just the german codelists that don't work!

What could the error be then?

I have no idea how to look for it or fix it!
That's really strange, I've imported all of these to these devices at one point during testing before, they all worked fine for me. The only error I've ever gotten was the variant mentioning no space left to hold the cheats (the devices are limited to 2.5MB of data, so you can't hold a lot of cheat code lists). From the looks of your issue, maybe your download was corrupted, because there shouldn't be issues with the game ID and such, like I said I didn't have this happen on my end before. Try downloading the database again and seeing if that fresh download fixes the issue.

DorDur215

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That's really strange, I've imported all of these to these devices at one point during testing before, they all worked fine for me. The only error I've ever gotten was the variant mentioning no space left to hold the cheats (the devices are limited to 2.5MB of data, so you can't hold a lot of cheat code lists). From the looks of your issue, maybe your download was corrupted, because there shouldn't be issues with the game ID and such, like I said I didn't have this happen on my end before. Try downloading the database again and seeing if that fresh download fixes the issue.
I've tried downloading your database again and it didn't fix the issue.

Since I've had to get the size down anyway I deleted alot of cheats that I didn't need from the pokemon codelists and then I was able to copy them onto my action replay dsi.

Maybe there were too many codes for a single game and the action replay couldn't handle it?

Anyway the issue is fixed and it works now.

Last edited by DorDur215,

ReeRee457

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I noticed that there's no cheats for the games 'Ace Attorney - Justice For All' & 'Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations'.
Is it the game version I'm using?

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I noticed that there's no cheats for the games 'Ace Attorney - Justice For All' & 'Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations'.
Is it the game version I'm using?
No idea on this, maybe bad dumps? If they are ROM hacks of sorts then that might be why. I know I don't have cheats for every single game out there, so of course there's also a chance that maybe I don't have any for these either.

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Lavender01

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
In what sense do you mean by that?
well you linked a post about action replay hex codes, and i assume i'd have to edit the game files and i have no idea how to do thst + i would have to decrypt the file because if i open the .nds file it shows a bunch of random symbols

also, does it affect multiplayer?

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
well you linked a post about action replay hex codes, and i assume i'd have to edit the game files and i have no idea how to do thst + i would have to decrypt the file because if i open the .nds file it shows a bunch of random symbols

also, does it affect multiplayer?
First, patching the files for the game is not needed if you are applying AR codes directly to the ROM.
And second, no.

Lavender01

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Patching the files for the game is not needed if you are applying AR codes directly to the ROM.
ok i am really really sorry but i don't even know how to patch game files:(
i have done a bit of research but i can't find anything particularly helpful.
like, do i just need to make a folder on my sd card or do i need the actual AR cartridge? or do i need to somehow change a line of code in the rom itself?

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ok i am really really sorry but i don't even know how to patch game files:(
i have done a bit of research but i can't find anything particularly helpful.
like, do i just need to make a folder on my sd card or do i need the actual AR cartridge? or do i need to somehow change a line of code in the rom itself?
There's no need to apologise, you haven't done anything wrong in this case, it's all about learning from other people's experiences - and that's what GBAtemp is for.

If you want to inject cheats into a DS ROM, then use "DSATM" as it automates the process for you: https://gbatemp.net/download/dsatm.31528/

Creating your own cheats requires technical knowledge on how the patches are hard coded into memory. Here are some references to help: 1.) https://gbatemp.net/threads/gbatemp-rom-hacking-documentation-project-new-2016-edition-out.73394/
2.) https://web.archive.org/web/20080309104350/http://etk.scener.org/?op=tutorial

Reactions: Lavender01

Lavender01

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
There's no need to apologise, you haven't done anything wrong in this case, it's all about learning from other people's experiences - and that's what GBAtemp is for.

If you want to inject cheats into a DS ROM, then use "DSATM" as it automates the process for you: https://gbatemp.net/download/dsatm.31528/

Creating your own cheats requires technical knowledge on how the patches are hard coded into memory. Here are some references to help: 1.) https://gbatemp.net/threads/gbatemp-rom-hacking-documentation-project-new-2016-edition-out.73394/
2.) https://web.archive.org/web/20080309104350/http://etk.scener.org/?op=tutorial
thank you so much! i'll update if it works

Reactions: SylverReZ

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)