DeadSkullzJr's Flashcart Cheat Databases

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by DeadSkullzJr, Nov 7, 2017.

1. DeadSkullzJr
    OP

DeadSkullzJr Developer

pip Developer
    Sep 28, 2017
    United States
    This is because TWiLightMenu doesn't handle one of the code types that I used when making the codes. Unfortunately this is an issue that has to be fixed by the developers of TWiLightMenu.

My time isn't wasted, don't worry ;).

alexander1970 likes this.
  2. High5ghost

High5ghost Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 2, 2019
    United States
    I'm using TWILightMenu++ and can't get mkds to recognize the cheats and I also can't get moon jump or slow fall to work on Mario 64 ds.

3. High5ghost

High5ghost Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 2, 2019
    United States
    got the mkds to recognize the cheats but still can't get moon jump and slow fall to work on sm64ds.

4. DeadSkullzJr
    OP

DeadSkullzJr Developer

pip Developer
    Sep 28, 2017
    United States
    The type 0x0E code type doesn't work on TWiLightMenu, so some codes made with that code type won't work yet.

5. joshsanity3

joshsanity3 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 11, 2019
    Philippines
    Newbie here. I'm using R4 but idk how to add the Action Replay Codes something. Can someone help me how to and what I need to download? Thanks!

6. DeadSkullzJr
    OP

DeadSkullzJr Developer

pip Developer
    Sep 28, 2017
    United States
    When you get my databases from the download link, you will need to stick the usrcheat.dat in the respective folder of the kernel, if you are using Wood R4 then it goes inside the cheats folder located inside the __rpg folder. If you use another R4 flashcart out there then it's likely going to go into the R4iMenu folder, if you use YSMenu then you stick it into the TTMenu folder.

7. skitskat24

skitskat24 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 13, 2019
    United States
    Hopefully this is a quick fix, but i put your most recent database on my r4 and all the cheats load in menu just fine, but they dont seem to activate at all in game (ex. im trying to get all the TMs in Pokemon Black, activate code, play game, hit select, nothing happens). any ideas on a fix?

8. DeadSkullzJr
    OP

DeadSkullzJr Developer

pip Developer
    Sep 28, 2017
    United States
    If you are using Wood R4 then I would check the settings of the kernel and make sure the option for cheats is set to "on".

9. SNameless

SNameless Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 15, 2019
    Colombia
    I have a problem, when i'm trying to use nature changer cheat in pokémon heart gold and soul silver (spanish versions of the games) the game freeze and it's only with that cheat and that game. I already download other 3 roms to see if that's the problem but it keeps freezing
    Edit: i'm playing in a DS Lite and a DSi, both with R4 sdhc dual core with wood kernel i think

Last edited by SNameless, Nov 15, 2019
  10. DeadSkullzJr
    OP

DeadSkullzJr Developer

pip Developer
    Sep 28, 2017
    United States
    I will check it out, sorry to hear it didn't work out.

SNameless and alexander1970 like this.
  11. SNameless

SNameless Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 15, 2019
    Colombia
    Thank you so much, i hope you find the error :D

12. DeadSkullzJr
    OP

DeadSkullzJr Developer

pip Developer
    Sep 28, 2017
    United States
    No problem!

13. KJizzle

KJizzle Member

Newcomer
    Jul 31, 2018
    United States
    Shiny codes won't work on HeartGold and Platinum... thanks!

14. DeadSkullzJr
    OP

DeadSkullzJr Developer

pip Developer
    Sep 28, 2017
    United States
    Tested both codes and they work as intended on my end. If you are using TWiLightMenu then they won't work because it doesn't support the 0x0E code type yet, which both of these codes use. If you are using a flashcart and running a kernel like Wood R4, I recommend making sure cheats is enabled in settings.

15. victorthelama

victorthelama Member

Newcomer
    Dec 1, 2019
    United States
    I recently learned that cheats do not show up with some "patched" DS games. For example, I have a copy of Mega Man Star Force 3: Black Ace that has been patched to have Japanese voices in the game, and cheats do not show up for the game on TwilightMenu++. I tried uploading a vanilla version of the game into Twilight and tried viewing cheats, and they showed up just fine.

In the case of the Rockman.EXE: Operation Shooting Star English patch, those cheats show up fine as I noticed the database has cheats specifically for the english patch version.

16. DeadSkullzJr
    OP

DeadSkullzJr Developer

pip Developer
    Sep 28, 2017
    United States
    The databases work based on the header information of the games, since the patched versions likely presents different data in the header, the result is no cheats showing up, I have to add it for the update.

Edit:
    Added both undubs for Black Ace and Red Joker to the databases.

Last edited by DeadSkullzJr, Dec 5, 2019 at 10:01 PM
  17. victorthelama

victorthelama Member

Newcomer
    Dec 1, 2019
    United States
    Apprecaite it! Would it be possible to add the undub for Battle Network 5 Double Team DS as well?

Edit: Will I have to wait until the next release in order to get the cheats to work?

Last edited by victorthelama, Dec 5, 2019 at 11:03 PM
  18. DeadSkullzJr
    OP

DeadSkullzJr Developer

pip Developer
    Sep 28, 2017
    United States
    I could have sworn I added Battle Network 5 undub in the databases, regardless I will check.

Yes you will have to wait for the next update, sorry for the inconvenience on that part :(.

19. victorthelama

victorthelama Member

Newcomer
    Dec 1, 2019
    United States
    Thank you! And no problem, I figured it would be a pain to update everything every time a single game is added

20. DeadSkullzJr
    OP

DeadSkullzJr Developer

pip Developer
    Sep 28, 2017
    United States
    Initially that's how I planned to do updates when I first started this project, however that would have been really nuts because so many games exist, ROM hacks are harder to find since a lot of times patches don't work or the links to said hacks are dead, so I just decided to update in bulk instead, that way everyone has more than one title to play with for cheat codes, and so it gives me time to add codes, clean codes, and or revise the lists. If I manage to find a hack online then of course I add those to the databases too. Translation and undub patches tend to be located in weird places on the internet too (playing risk with websites is NOT a fun game, even with experience and knowledge on the matter, doesn't make the situation any less messed up lol).

Last edited by DeadSkullzJr, Dec 6, 2019 at 12:41 AM
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted