deadmau5 Day Declared in Las Vegas

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is stupid, and Deadmouse is terrible.
Mind explaining why you think deadmau5 is terrible? Is it his music?

And besides, it's ONLY for the year of 2012. ONLY in Las Vegas. Really think it's such a big deal now? ;)

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is stupid, and Deadmouse is terrible.
Mind explaining why you think deadmau5 is terrible? Is it his music?

And besides, it's ONLY for the year of 2012. ONLY in Las Vegas. Really think it's such a big deal now? ;)

Oh, his music is god awful, and Deadmouse is a full blown hipster, but I could live with that. Writing mouse as (this hurts me) "mau5"? I draw the line there.

When did I say this was a big deal? I only said that this stupid; the fact that it's contained in Vegas for one year doesn't change that.

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, his music is god awful, and Deadmouse is a full blown hipster, but I could live with that. Writing mouse as (this hurts me) "mau5"? I draw the line there.

It's all a matter of opinion, and apparently the mayor likes deadmau5. When you're mayor, you can make a Gahars day. :P

Then refer to him as 'Dead Mau Five'. That's how I read it until I looked him up on Wikipedia.
Same here, I first read his name back in Fruity Loops 5... wonder if anyone will remember that :ha:

1NOOB

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
didn't know who he was or what he did , googled it , watch some video of it result : god that thing is awful , or lets say , it isn't for me lol and comon , las vegas didnt have someone better than him or at least more popular xD

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
As a big fan of club music I've gotta say...... I'm not that fussed about him either haha! The full version of Strobe is however fantastic (props to Ghosts n Stuff and a couple of others), and the thingy he wears on his head is unique, but that is about it really! He's not as deserving as tiesto, but even then I can't stand the fact some clubbers worship him either - he's just a sodding dj when it comes down to it.... Still, the one day, in Las Vegas, what's the problem here - this is a nation that appoints actors as politicians/governors/presidents, no one can be surprised with something like this really.....:P

Helpful Corn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did someone in this thread refer to Elvis as a revolutionary? Chuck Berry and Little Richard were revolutionaries along with many others, Elvis not included.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did someone in this thread refer to Elvis as a revolutionary? Chuck Berry and Little Richard were revolutionaries along with many others, Elvis not included.

Elvis was certainly revolutionary; he built upon what they (and countless others) had done and made it into a phenomenon with wide cultural appeal. Without him, rock and roll wouldn't have been anywhere near as successful as it has been. I'd say that's revolutionary enough.

Really, why all the hatred towards Elvis? I'm not a huge fan personally, but it's impossible to deny the impact he's had. And hey, give him some credit; he went out of his way to acknowledge the artists he took inspiration from (whether or not his audience cared is something else entirely).

Helpful Corn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Elvis didn't write any of his popular songs he merely performed songs done by other artists and cashed in. While he must of had some talent to be able to garner such a following, it can't be said that he pioneered anything. He was the acceptable face of that style of music, which was done better by numerous other actual artists. Elvis was more of an actor than a musician, in both his music and film career.

Zaku350

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Elvis didn't write any of his popular songs he merely performed songs done by other artists and cashed in. While he must of had some talent to be able to garner such a following, it can't be said that he pioneered anything. He was the acceptable face of that style of music, which was done better by numerous other actual artists. Elvis was more of an actor than a musician, in both his music and film career.

28m2whu.jpg

I hate to sound crude, but.. I don't think you have any idea what you're talking about.

Reactions: 4 people

Helpful Corn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's widely known that Elvis did'nt write most of his songs, he's co-credited with them b/c of a deal his manager got for him getting Elvis more royalties for the songs that he would make popular. He did help somewhat with the arangement, and of course stylized the vocals. Elvis apparently wrote a bunch of gospel songs on his own and is recognized for those. Artist like Chuck Berry and Buddy Holly wrote 100% of their music and can trully be called pioneers. Don't get me wrong I like Elvis, but he simply cant be considered a revolutionary.

gokujr1000

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
If thats how it works, I'm surprised there still isn't a Pokemon day somewhere in the USA. =O

Pokemon Day would probably be more likely to be a day in Japan, at least that's what I think anyway.

As for the Dead Mouse thing, or Deadmau5, I don't see why he's important enough to have a day of his own. Wouldn't someone more well-known and much more loved end up having a day? I guess it's better then having a Justin Bieber or Hannah Montanna Day.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
If thats how it works, I'm surprised there still isn't a Pokemon day somewhere in the USA. =O

Pokemon Day would probably be more likely to be a day in Japan, at least that's what I think anyway.

As for the Dead Mouse thing, or Deadmau5, I don't see why he's important enough to have a day of his own. Wouldn't someone more well-known and much more loved end up having a day? I guess it's better then having a Justin Bieber or Hannah Montanna Day.
I could get behind a Miley Cyrus day. ;D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, could you change your username?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    anybody here?
  • P @ PKNate:
    nope
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fun fact: 7 years by lukas graham, supermassive black hole by muse, and megalomania all have the same bpm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual +1