Hardware Dead Wiimote

Cobalt-

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Up until a few days ago it worked fine. Now, the little blue lights don't come on when you push buttons and the wii itself denies its existence. I'm thinking there's something wrong with the inner mechanics - science has proven that the batteries work fine.

Is it possible/reasonable to take the thing apart and try to fix it? I think it needs a special screwdriver... or should I just get it replaced? Also, does anyone happen to know if this is a common problem? Because I can't think of any recent wiimote-on-solid-object collisions that could explain this.

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you use a charging dock. These have a tendency to overcharge the batteries which causes the mainboard in the mote to die over time. Sometimes you may notice one or more of the lights dims a little before it completely dies.

What to do? If it is in warranty send it back, you can get an RA from the ninty website. If it is not under warranty buy a new one, get a tri driver and then very, very carefully swap the boards between the motes and then send the new one for warranty. You will still have to buy a mote but at least you will have a spare.

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DunkrWunkah said:
I doubt the warrenty covers damage by a 3rd party device.
Worked for me, I just swapped the PCBs and sent the new one in for warranty. They sent back a warning regarding 3rd party charges killing wii-motes but the still repalced it.

kimsmarkin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone had their Wii to die for no apparent reason? I had some batteries charged, so I can play my Wii, since it was a couple of months. Three other Wiimote to start, but seems to be one of them died. Very strange, because I use them, not to mention the abuse.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ