Dead switch - Battery fully charged - verified (auto RCM enabled)

Deleted member 627909

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Good afternoon. I have a dead switch infront of me. The switch turns on and the PC detects it in RCM mode. I have tried everything with holding buttons to get it to boot. I get nowhere. I have taken it apart and examined the motherboard front and back with a magnifine glass and I see no dead components. Nothing really stands out as shorted with the multimeter. I tested the battery in a good switch and it boots up fine battery is 95%. I used that switches battery on this board and get nothing. What else can I check? I don't have any reliable information telling me it is the powder ic chips as nothing seems odd around it. unsure of where to go from here. This switch does have autorcm on so sending it out to be examined by say northridge will complicate things.

kidkat210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What exactly is your switch doing? Is it just black screen when you try to boot it without pushing a payload? If that's the case, that's normal for autorcm. If you try to turn on switch with autorcm, it stay a black screen untill you push a payload

Deleted member 627909

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
What exactly is your switch doing? Is it just black screen when you try to boot it without pushing a payload? If that's the case, that's normal for autorcm. If you try to turn on switch with autorcm, it stay a black screen untill you push a payload
payload successfully injects and screen stays off. This switch worked fine with autorcm on prior to this. It seems like hardware failure not a failure for it to enter rcm / take the payload. I dont even get the fusee or hekate splash. battery is 95% roughly

Deleted member 627909

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Sounds odd maybe, but iT could be your screen is dead!
im thinking its more unless the switch verifies that. joycons never sync and it doesnt connect to wifi. I was able to dump biskeys to a text file so I don't think its the RCM mode causing it. if the BISKEYS payload runs. Leaning towards a HW failure of some sort but not sure what it would be. Joycons do not sync or charge

Last edited by Deleted member 627909,

Deleted member 627909

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
im thinking its more unless the switch verifies that. joycons never sync and it doesnt connect to wifi. I was able to dump biskeys to a text file so I don't think its the RCM mode causing it. if the BISKEYS payload runs. Leaning towards a HW failure of some sort but not sure what it would be. Joycons do not sync or charge
I've made zero progress on this. I can tell payloads are running that dump to the hard drive. Any hardware things I can look at that would explain no audio, controllers not connecting, nothing on display?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: there was a "HD" redrawn version of :creep: someone made at one point but i didnt save it