Dead or Alive Dimensions Modding?

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Aeth-r, Nov 19, 2016.

1. Aeth-r
    OP

Aeth-r GBAtemp Regular

Jan 6, 2016
    United States
    Has anyone managed to figure out mods for DoA Dimensions?

Metoroid0 likes this.
  2. Metoroid0

Metoroid0 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Nov 2, 2012
    Japan
    SR388
    I want to know that also?

3. jkid101094

jkid101094 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 26, 2017
    United States
    A month and a day is hardly a bump, right?

Either way I've been interested in this too and at the very least seems to have an idea.

*snip*

The free spotpass DLC can be easily installed using the method in the link above. I tried copying and renaming some of Helena's files for kicks and I got the "a new costume has been added for Helena!" message a third time which implies the game recognized it as separate DLC. The third costume didn't get it's own slot, but I think that's because I used an unedited version of Helena's 2nd .bacs file. Since the files show little variance in a hex editor I figure someone smarter than me could probably figure out how to edit them to so the game interprets them as new slots. If so then adding DLC costumes would be just as simple as it is with Dissidia 12 on the PSP.

It's also worth noting Every File Explorer gives an error when trying to load a costume's bcmdl file.

[​IMG]

"Can not activate GL rendering context."

I figure this might be an easy fix so I'm not going to worry much about it. My main concern is with that custom spotpass DLC.

In the meantime I'll be looking into what I can port from Dead or Alive: Paradise. ;)

Last edited by porkiewpyne, Aug 4, 2017
    Aeth-r likes this.
  4. Zidapi

Zidapi GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 1, 2002
    A month and a day is hardly a ban, right?

You can't link to that website here. I suggest to familiarise yourself with the rules if you're planning to hang around.

Aeth-r and Abu_Senpai like this.