DD-WRT on DIR-300

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Maz7006, Mar 12, 2010.

Mar 12, 2010

DD-WRT on DIR-300 by Maz7006 at 7:56 PM (1,319 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Maz7006
    OP

Member Maz7006 iSEXu

Lebanon
    Im looking to flashing my D-Link router to DD-WRT, not because its cooler or anything like that, but because under DD-WRT i can change the WAN port (or the internet port) to one of the LAN ones.

I want to do this since well the internet port on the router is just dead, and it would be a shame to waste the router

I know im probably going to get a load of "let me Google that for you links", but can anyone be so kind enough to give their own advice on how i should go about flashing this

ive read some guides and seems complicated, if anyone can point to any "less" complicated ones then that would be great.... networking has always been very confusing

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. alcaholjunkie

Member alcaholjunkie GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Go to http://dd-wrt.com/site/support/router-database and put in your router model. (also there are two revisions for your router, look on the bottom for A1 or B1), click the relevant revision and a list of downloads will show up.

in the A1 revision downloads is a instructions text file thing which should have more info. Also try checking their forums. [​IMG]

edit: from the looks of things, the B1 revision can flash straight into dd-wrt, but best to read up on it first. [​IMG]

3. palasx

Newcomer palasx Advanced Member

United States
    if you google "DD-WRT on DIR-300" the very first link is a tutorial on the ddwrt wiki. shame on you for bothering people with this. lurk moar.

4. Maz7006
    OP

Member Maz7006 iSEXu

Lebanon
    Well maybe i should have been more accurate and saying :

If anyone has installed DD-WRT and can give any tips on things i should and should not do would be great

what is the best guide to follow (since there are fucking millions).

EDIT:

I have all the things i need, but looking at the first few steps of the guide its says

how can i do so if the WAN port is bust :l ...

5. playallday

Member playallday Group: GBAtemp Ghost

Canada
    Plug your computer into a LAN port and it'll work. No WAN port needed (or internet).

6. Maz7006
    OP

Member Maz7006 iSEXu

Lebanon
    Great to hear.

Will try and see how this goes.

Thanks