Hacking DBI gamecard dumping - where are the updates?

someguy12345

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm new to Switch hacking and haven't been able to find this info anywhere online. I'm trying to dump my own gamecard of No Man's Sky, along with the latest update (5.1.0).

When using DBI's "Run MTP Responder" function to connect to my PC, then navigate to the "9:Gamecard" folder, I can see the trimmed .XCI file (the gamecard), but not any of the updates. Are the updates embedded into the .XCI, or is there another way I should dump them?

To clarify, I don't have this issue when dumping my installed titles - they show up as separate .NSP's (base game, updates, and DLC). I'm only having this issue with physical gamecards.

kidkat210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gamecards dont hold game updates. they hold the minimum system firmware for the game to run.
game updates, dlc, etc, are stored on the emmc

kidkat210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, emmc is the switch's internal memory. i dont fully remember at the moment and my switch is dead atm (battery wont hold charge anymore) but heres the english github link. you should be able to do it in mtp mode, with option 4 i think. but like i said, i cant remember at the moment.

thesjaakspoiler

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
There are some tools like GoldLeaf which can copy the update to the SD card.
Updates can also be on the SD cardin the Nintendo folder.
I recall you can move games to the SD card in the official menu. That would include updates.

Same goes for DLC content.

But the easiest thing would be to get ya updates for your favorite website or app like TinFoil.
*harhar*

Reactions: BigOnYa

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gotta lube up diidy to change characters +1