Hacking Question Daybreak can't see firmware folder

NotAlex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noob question, I am trying to run daybreak but the folder i had created 'firmware' as said in https://switch .homebrew. guide/usingcfw/manualupgrade.html doesn't show in the menu after I hit install.
I am running atmosphere 0.17.1, firmware 9.2.0, and hekate 5.5.3

Edit: Problem is fixed, I had downloaded the files on mac os and made the folder there, I simply made a new folder on windows and move the files there. Still dont understand why that would be an issue.

New problem, console sometimes crashes when booting from payload and when I do get in it is not reading catridges

Last edited by NotAlex,

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noob question, I am trying to run daybreak but the folder i had created 'firmware' as said in https://switch .homebrew. guide/usingcfw/manualupgrade.html doesn't show in the menu after I hit install.
Do you have the "firmware" folder on the root of the sd card, or inside atmosphere folder? Needs to be on root. And did you unzip the firmware file before copying to sd card

Last edited by BigOnYa,

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you entering homebrew menu using applet mode? Holding R down and select any game title, while keeping R held down until the homebrew menu opens up...It will run homebrew menu with full RAM access, then open daybreak, beyond that I'm not sure why you may be having issues. Maybe someone else here can chime in...
If your not worried about burning fuses, you can still update OFW firmware thru nintendy(banned or not). I'd just remove sd card and make sure no nsp, homebrew, emulators, etc installed on switch storage first tho. Then simply boot OFW and goto settings, n update to newest firmware (AS LONG AS YOU"RE NOT USING SX MOD CHIP) but be warned as this is a possible ban ticket for your switch if traces of stuff on SYSNAND/Switch storage, so be warned. Hopefully you have backup of Nand, Boot0/1 already anyways tho from before CFW. Then after update, can simply insert sd card with newest hekate/atmos files on it, rcm boot it, push hekate payload from Tegra, and then select fusee-primary in hekate payloads. Good luck.

Last edited by BigOnYa,

NotAlex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you entering homebrew menu using applet mode? Holding R down and select any game title, while keeping R held down until the homebrew menu opens up...It will run homebrew menu with full RAM access, then open daybreak, beyond that I'm not sure why you may be having issues. Maybe someone else here can chime in...
If your not worried about burning fuses, you can still update OFW firmware thru nintendy(banned or not). I'd just remove sd card and make sure no nsp, homebrew, emulators, etc installed on switch storage first tho. Then simply boot OFW and goto settings, n update to newest firmware (AS LONG AS YOU"RE NOT USING SX MOD CHIP) but be warned as this is a possible ban ticket for your switch if traces of stuff on SYSNAND/Switch storage, so be warned. Hopefully you have backup of Nand, Boot0/1 already anyways tho from before CFW. Then after update, can simply insert sd card with newest hekate/atmos files on it, rcm boot it, push hekate payload from Tegra, and then select fusee-primary in hekate payloads. Good luck.
I am entering homebrew menu thru titles, guess ill try that later if other people dont have the same issue later on. and i dont have an sx os modchip and have a backup

Reactions: BigOnYa

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Edit: Problem is fixed, I had downloaded the files on mac os and made the folder there, I simply made a new folder on windows and move the files there. Still dont understand why that would be an issue.

New problem, console sometimes crashes when booting from payload and when I do get in it is not reading catridges
If the Switch is not reading cartridges, that is likely due to nogc being enabled. You can disable nogc but then you will never ever be able to use cartridges on lower firmware versions which can be useful for future exploits such as untethered coldboot. As for the other issue, make sure your SD card is formatted to FAT32.

Reactions: BigOnYa

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Where's everybody?