OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Dirtie said:
The CycloWiz was the second Wii modchip to be announced, following on the heels of the Wiinja – however unlike the latter, it promised to sport a PCB with a quicksolder option, and an optional disable wire. Unfortunately for the CycloWiz, it suffered reputational damage because of certain affiliations, and on top of that, the WiiKey which was announced shortly afterwards promised more features on paper, such as being upgradeable via DVD, having region-free functionality, and having D2B chipset compatibility. The last setback was that when the CycloWiz started shipping, people discovered it had a bug which meant that a certain few games would suffer slowdown or not work altogether.

All this prompted Team Cyclops into action, firstly responding to the WiiKey announcement by updating the feature list to say that the CycloWiz would also be upgradeable via DVD, and then later on releasing a revised version of the CycloWiz to support D2B chipsets. They didn’t stop there however, as they promised an update that would fix the bugs and give the CycloWiz all the features that the WiiKey had – despite many rumours that the chip was not able to be reprogrammed inside the Wii at all. Despite a delay which had some CycloWiz owners expecting nothing but disappointment, the V3 upgrade eventually arrived, finally expanding the feature set of the CycloWiz.

The CycloWiz will now receive ports of open source chip firmware (such as Wiifree, OpenWii), should you prefer one of these alternatives. Even better is that these firmwares can be applied by DVD upgrade, just as the official upgrade is.

Have you already got one, will you be getting one, and do you think it's better than the others?

Tell us!

[title:Previous days]
Day 1: hrth
Day 2: R4DS
Day 3: WiiKey
Day 4: DS-X
Day 5: BRah!
Day 6: SuperCard DS(ONE)
Day 7: EZ-Flash 3-in-1 Expansion Pack
Day 8: Slot-2 SuperCards
Day 9: Bidoof
Day 10: M3DS Real

McDash

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.soundclick.com
XP
Country
Wiinja is the best! remember how they leave the ninjads? with no forum, no updates, no firmware & sometimes no websites!
Sorry but im disappointed with my ninja ds
cry.gif

Jaejae

Superfly Don't Used
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
I'm a bit hesitant when it comes to TC products, simply due to the supercard clones.
I'm aware that they don't do that anymore, but I definitely trust them less because of it.
As a chip, the CycloWiz is pretty good, although I oprefer the WiiKey.

svenk91

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I voted negatively because I thought the external switch was ridiculous.

but, on the other side. just like you can nintendo can write stuff in the programming cables maybe destroying you're modchips 'accidentally'. the cyclowiz does not have that possible problem. and if you can solder to the other points adding a upgrade switch is probally not much of a problem to i think. and how many times do you really have upgrades? 3 so far?

also it has better stealthing then other cards. and better updating then a specifik other team.

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Why would somone vote "awful" for this! what's so awful about it? it plays all the games without a hitch and they release update pretty fast. I think the people who are voting awful just because they have a wiikey should just not vote in the poll.

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Why would somone vote "awful" for this! what's so awful about it? it plays all the games without a hitch and they release update pretty fast. I think the people who are voting awful just because they have a wiikey should just not vote in the poll.

I agree, It's like those 360 vs PS3 fights. 360 fanboys say PS3 sucks, Ps3 Fanboys say 360 sucks... Wiikey owners shouldn't vote for awful. The Cyclowiz does it's job and does it very good too.

Defiance

oh my god.. it's full of trading cards...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The CycloWiz is defiantly the best Wii modchip out there. It is the most sophisticated of them all.

Jdbye

Always Remember 30/07/08
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I don't have one but I'd say it's the best Wii modchip out.
They were also the first ones to release the SMG fix.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Mondooooo, sadly I dont have any tips