Status
Not open for further replies.

indirect

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since it seems I'm no longer the only one, I'll sound off that I just bought my power save, and after using my X cart just a few times the contacts look a bit fubar. Corrosion or just degradation. But it is caused from the Powersave. I will say it worried me to the point I bought a new copy of X just to keep as a back up.

Reisyukaku

Onii-sama~
Developer
Trophies
Website
reisyukaku.org
XP
Country
United States
Since it seems I'm no longer the only one, I'll sound off that I just bought my power save, and after using my X cart just a few times the contacts look a bit fubar. Corrosion or just degradation. But it is caused from the Powersave. I will say it worried me to the point I bought a new copy of X just to keep as a back up.

How much is nintendo paying you? lol. I can't imagine that happening unless you lick your contacts or something

indirect

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only used alcohol and dried it after. I can seriously take photos of everything if you want. 2 carts, a digital copy of Y, and a Mario 3DS XL. Cart 1 is fubar, powersave is well, a powersave, and cart 2 is brand new.

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only used alcohol and dried it after. I can seriously take photos of everything if you want. 2 carts, a digital copy of Y, and a Mario 3DS XL. Cart 1 is fubar, powersave is well, a powersave, and cart 2 is brand new.
If your not using high percentage of Isopropyl (I recommend 90% or higher) then chances are it will leave a residue or sorts.

indirect

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
99% Isopropyl. I do know how to clean carts. It's probably just a misshaping of the pins on my powersave or something similar. Its not that big of a deal. Just something to be aware of.

aftokinito

Trophies
XP
Country
99% Isopropyl. I do know how to clean carts. It's probably just a misshaping of the pins on my powersave or something similar. Its not that big of a deal. Just something to be aware of.

I've used the Powersaves dongle like 200 times on my Pokemon X cart and the contacts are pristine (never cleaned them).
The cart is also working perfectly fine and Powersaves never gave me any problem.

Paying all those 5posters must be expensive for Nintendo's PR team.

indirect

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've used the Powersaves dongle like 200 times on my Pokemon X cart and the contacts are pristine (never cleaned them).
The cart is also working perfectly fine and Powersaves never gave me any problem.

Paying all those 5posters must be expensive for Nintendo's PR team.

Don't really appreciate you assuming that because I have a new account on the site that I'm some random PR moron hired from some company. I could give a damn about either Datel or Nintendo's product QA percentage and I plan on re-cleaning the contacts more precisely but just saying it made me worried enough to pick up a second cart.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I doubt Nintendo would pay to smear Datel's reputation, it's just a cheating device. They must be more concerned about piracy. At much, lies would come from trolls (not saying the guy is lying BTW).

indirect

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its amazing how many new members this site has picked up on from this topic alone. Just imagine how many more are lurking.

Honestly I've been lurking for quite some time in the 3ds hacking section. Since I'm new to the handheld / console hacking scene, I don't have enough info or the tools to work on the devices themselves but I'm pretty well established in the Android scene. :)

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly I've been lurking for quite some time in the 3ds hacking section. Since I'm new to the handheld / console hacking scene, I don't have enough info or the tools to work on the devices themselves but I'm pretty well established in the Android scene. :)
What got me into this site was homebrew for the Wii back in 2010 (got into it late admittedly), I also came here for recommendations on flashcarts and other various improvements for jailbreaking on IOS. This site is terrific.

Aizenmyouou

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its amazing how many new members this site has picked up on from this topic alone. Just imagine how many more are lurking.

I used to be a member like a looooong time ago 'cause I cheated hardcore with the AR DS... But I guess my account disappeared after gbatemp got this new look (or new website or whatever it was that happened)... So now I'm back to being new again. :)

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used to be a member like a looooong time ago 'cause I cheated hardcore with the AR DS... But I guess my account disappeared after gbatemp got this new look (or new website or whatever it was that happened)... So now I'm back to being new again. :)
Its great to have returning members onboard. The more the merrier.

Yeah I remember that incident, someone got access to everyone's account info but thanks to that the site got a facelift for the better.

indirect

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What got me into this site was homebrew for the Wii back in 2010 (got into it late admittedly), I also came here for recommendations on flashcarts and other various improvements for jailbreaking on IOS. This site is terrific.

I visited back for the wii in 2010 too but didn't get into this site frequently until I got my 3DS a while before any exploit was found at all. Sad to see no real published software exploit and makes me kind of antsy to start poking at it once I can get everything I need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/BiY0vNuu1eg?si=0nwmSHWeLkfcJJ__