Hacking Datel Powersaves now supports Pokemon X/Y

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
You know, i have a good question. Why are we relying on datel to make codes for us? People should be trying to crack the game's save encryption and find out how to re-encrypt it successfully. There would be no need to wait for datel to create codes if we just did that.
because that wold require some work XD
90% of people using powersaves, wouldnt be able to code, never mind trying to find out how to decrecrypt and re-encrypt saves, it would also appear that the dev's that ARE in the community of hacking have hit a brick wall when it comes to decrypting the newer save formats remeber datel has money and resources to throw at the problem, most of the dev's who could look into such matters do so in their spare time and with hardware/resources bought with their own money

DRWS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know, i have a good question. Why are we relying on datel to make codes for us? People should be trying to crack the game's save encryption and find out how to re-encrypt it successfully. There would be no need to wait for datel to create codes if we just did that.

Save files are signed using AES keys known only to Nintendo. The keys are stored in the 3DS's internal AES unit, but in a write-only register. In order for Datel to be able to sign save files themselves, they need to use a modded 3DS running custom code doing the signing.

In order to service all their customers, they would have to have a whole farm of automated, modded 3DSes. This might sound farfetched, but keep in mind that a guy created a rig that automates the entire process of hunting and breeding for shiny Pokémon. Datel is a large company with more than enough financial and technical resources necessary to build a 3DS farm to get the job done.

This is not idle speculation. This is the ONLY possible to do what they do when the keys are not known. Anyone looking to make a public service for savefile editing would have to do the same.

Moreover, the people who are skilled\connected enough to know the particulars of the encryption aren't sharing the details.

WrathofSeven

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just wish they would update us or let us know what is going on. We all paid good money for their services so we deserve at least an explanation, not silence.

NickFusi0n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I think they took down the codes to fix glitches and stuff. I mean, getting 999 Latiosites... why, what if I want only one? That's maybe one of the reasons. I don't think Nintendo would bother with this.

DRWS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think they took down the codes to fix glitches and stuff. I mean, getting 999 Latiosites... why, what if I want only one?

They didn't bother removing any of the other x999 Mega Stone cheats. And they could have changed it x1 just as easily as they did x999. So that's clearly not the reason.

In the e-mail they sent to FateMT, they seemed concerned about not breaking online play. Maybe they released the codes too hastily without realizing that people could still challenge passersby with unreleased Pokémon (even though they're blocked on Battle Spot), and took the codes down once they did.

ChokingVictim87

Trophies
XP
Country
They didn't bother removing any of the other x999 Mega Stone cheats. And they could have changed it x1 just as easily as they did x999. So that's clearly not the reason.

In the e-mail they sent to FateMT, they seemed concerned about not breaking online play. Maybe they released the codes too hastily without realizing that people could still challenge passersby with unreleased Pokémon (even though they're blocked on Battle Spot), and took the codes down once they did.

So they actually replied to someone? And they said they removed the codes because they affected online play- How?! The Pokemon are not that powerful at all

JarieSuicune

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been curious to get this and try it out... but my games are Japanese-region.

Does the PowerSave care about that? I know there is a Japanese PowerSave
http://www.datel-japan.com/shopping/?pid=1368174489-742398
so, I have to wonder if I'll have to get that (and I haven't yet found where I could get it...)

I'd suspect that the hardware itself doesn't matter (should be the same piece everywhere), it's the Code to unlock the program that actually matters... and not sure how to get that otherwise.

ZOOT

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So they actually replied to someone? And they said they removed the codes because they affected online play- How?! The Pokemon are not that powerful at all
That mail was before they removed codes and they where busy with making codes for vivillons etc!!!

still om not convinced it from nintendo because if nintendo do this or GF they not do half work te want every code removed

trigao

Ninten
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
the reason i bought the powersave: (that still comming)
Rare candies code
shiny female snorunt

after that, i can throw it away :rofl2:

lordofthereef

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Uh... easier said than done man. I kow there is a user here who has done it, but he doesn't want to release the info. Do you have the technical skills to do it? If it were terribly easy we wouldn't be paying for a device to do this lol.

someonewhodied

Lazy Person
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
obviously it isn't easy but with powersaves proving that it is possible, I'm surprised more people with the ability to do it haven't been trying to find out how.

lordofthereef

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
obviously it isn't easy but with powersaves proving that it is possible, I'm surprised more people with the ability to do it haven't been trying to find out how.

I don't think there are very many people with the "ability" (read: ability AND time) to do it. There was proof that this was possible many month ago on this very forum (the guy just seems to get like showing what he can do and releasing very little of it - that's his prerogative). It's a bit like jailbreaking an iPhone. Do you know how many people actively work on that? Maybe a dozen or so. And the iPhone/iOS scene is many MANY times larger than this one.

WrathofSeven

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can those people who bought the Pro version please update those of us with the regular powersaves if the codes are, for some reason, only accessible with the Pro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo