Data recover from emunand

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by realrj, Mar 14, 2017.

1. realrj
    OP

realrj Member

Newcomer
    Jun 21, 2014
    Barreiro Municipality
    Hey guys.

Recently my brother updated my emunand and since I was using rxtools it completely wrecked my emunand. It just wouldn't start. So I was forced to install luma and start working with it. The o ly thing I could do with the old data was to do a full backup of everything that was on my sd card.

Is there a way for me to recover my games and saves??

Thank you very much

2. Hayleia

Hayleia GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 26, 2015
    France
    What exactly did you do? Because if you just put Luma's files on your SD and told it to boot your emuNAND, you should have lost nothing. If you lost something, you've done something wrong (like not telling Luma to boot the emuNAND or formatting your emuNAND for no reason).

3. realrj
    OP

realrj Member

Newcomer
    Jun 21, 2014
    Barreiro Municipality
    I tried that but since my sys was on 4.5 still, I had to update to 9.2.0.. and a format was made on the sys to install everything from scratch :/

4. realrj
    OP

realrj Member

Newcomer
    Jun 21, 2014
    Barreiro Municipality
    I made a backup of the sd card though. I could not backup anything else like saves directly since as soon as the Emunand was updates, I could not boot anymore in it. And after a thorough search here, I read that r tools was no longer supported and needed to go to Luma, but for that I needed to reinstall everything as stated above.

I just wanted to try and recover the saves if possible

5. einhuman197

einhuman197 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 17, 2015
    Germany
    Inside your bootloader (´◉◞౪◟◉)
    Do you have an emunand backup? If yes, create a fresh emunand with emunand9 and restore the backup. After that you should follow 3ds.guide because arm9loaderhax is way more safer in the future.