Darkstalkers Resurrection Sales "Disappoint" Capcom

2ndApex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you kiddin' me? Just look at this disaster! It's obviosly same lowres sprites with some kind HQ2x or SuperEagle put on. They didn't do a damn thing to port the as it shoul be. MAME or FBA can make it look better (with filters like XBR5 avaible), just w/o achievments.

There's quite a few graphic options if you don't like the filters, and unlike MAME/FBA Resurrection has more modes than Arcade Mode, most important two being online and training.

To be fair, the game does look dated as hell - they could've go with the "Tatsunoko vs. Capcom" approach and make a contemporary-looking fighter... but they didn't and it does look a bit "Virtual Console-y" no matter how you slice it. I mean, it's not even 16:9, it shows a small screen with a border around it.

Supposedly they've started development on a new Darkstalkers game and used Resurrection (port of DS2/3) as way to gauge interest in the series like they did with SF HDR/HF before Street Fighter 4 came out.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Supposedly they've started development on a new Darkstalkers game and used Resurrection (port of DS2/3) as way to gauge interest in the series like they did with SF HDR/HF before Street Fighter 4 came out.
If it's just something that's supposed to spark interest and not an actual, full-time, full-effort project then they shouldn't expect it to sell like cure for cancer.

Reactions: 2ndApex and Rydian

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I only buy fighters just to show to my self how I waste my money. But if there were expecting to get to the top three capcom you're so god damn wrong.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-