Hacking Darkcorp Rock Band 2 Error/Reformat Wii?

jliba2004

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys I'm new here. So I've been at this site for quite a while now as a guest and decided to join. I have pretty good experience for hacking a Wii and computer stuff.

Tested
I succeeded hacking my Wii with Darkcorp then screwed it up with RawkSD. I tried to replace the IOS37 file with a clean one with the Trucha patches and stuff like that but it still gives me an error when I try to run my Rock Band 2 backup from the disk channel. I tried uninstalling and then reinstalling Darkcorp, but the screen turned black and I reset it, probably due to Cioscorp still being installed. I even tried installing Darkcorp again on top of it to try to replace all the IOS'. Same thing happened.

Possible Attempt
I'm thinking about reformatting my entire Wii to it's original factory settings, then updating to 4.3 and modding it with my Super Smash Bros Brawl disk then putting Darkcorp back on. The problem is I'm not sure if resetting my Wii while I still have the other IOS mods on from Darkcorp and Cioscorp would be safe.

Final Question
Would it be safe to reformat my Wii even with all my IOS mods on? Is there another way to get Rock Band working (I've already tried replacing the IOS37 file)? I've never bricked my Wii before, didn't even consider putting Priiloader on it. So what are the brick risks for each fix?

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Ugh...

It seems to me you managed to do a lot while learning very little.

1. rawkSD and darkcorp are mutually exclusive. The hacks that darkcorp uses for IOS37 conflict directly with rawkSD, so it's a no-go. RawkSD needs a clean IOS37 v3869 with just the fakesign (trucha), ES_Identify and the nand permissions*. Any shenanigans with darkcorp will result in rawkSD not working. And as such: forget trying to get rawkSD to work on a backup disc. It ain't going to work.
2. you can reinstall cioscorp and darkcorp all you want, but it's just the one IOS that rock band 2 uses that matters. You've managed to get a lot of overkill going, but aside from risking a brick**, it is not getting you any closer.
3. reformatting your wii to factory settings isn't going to do you any good. It's similar to the "revirginize" that some people seem to want (as though it actually helps). It's a bad idea for you because at best it's a step back. At worst, you'll brick the thing (cioscorp and darkcorp does A LOT to the interior of your wii). But I don't know those corp's good enough to estimate the risks.
4. you haven't followed what nintendo's system updates do, haven't you? Updates 4.2 and 4.3 contain virtually NOTHING but anti-piracy measures. The couple of outdated IOS'es can be downloaded manually, which is the exact same but doesn't remove any piracy stuff. Then again...if your version of darkcorp is up to date enough, you should already have all the most up-to-date IOS'es.
5. you say "didn't even consider putting Priiloader on it" as if not bricking a wii somehow justifies that. In truth, priiloader acts as a safety net (at least if you don't have bootmii as boot2): you only regret not having it when you really needed it.

Anyway...as for your final question: you have to make a choice. Use your backup version of rock band 2 with darkcorp and not use rawksd, or get the newly released rawksd3, download/install the proper IOS and use your retail version of rock band 2. Sorry, but you can't have both.

*important note: this is for rawkSD 2. The new public one seem to be version v5662; dunno what exploits it has...it has an option to download and install the correct IOS, though.
**cioscorp or darkcorp BY ITSELF is not as unsafe as it may sound. Bricks usually happen because of failed installations, forgetting to correctly uninstalling other things and similar stuff like trying to use cioscorp and darkcorp at the same time (you do know that darkcorp is the updated version of cioscorp, right?).

jliba2004

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, if I choose to use my backup version with darkcorp how will I get the patched/hacked version of IOS37?

Also, attempting to uninstall darkcorp and installing it again just causes a black screen and forces me to turn the Wii off and on again. If I uninstalled cioscorp would I be able to uninstall darkcorp, because I've heard there are conflicts between the two. And for cioscorp uninstaller 3.xxx it just shows a black screen and nothing happens...

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Try Modmii. Rehack your Wii using it.
Act as if you have a new wii.
Just to get you out of the Darkcorp mess.

Then reinstall Darkcorp.

Formatting wont help. It just deletes you settings ans installed saves + channels.
It does'nt touch your Cios/ios.

jliba2004

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hielkenator said:

Then reinstall Darkcorp.

Formatting wont help. It just deletes you settings ans installed saves + channels.

All right, thanks I'll try that. I just hope Modmii doesn't brick my Wii...

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
jliba2004 said:
Hielkenator said:

Then reinstall Darkcorp.

If you follow the instructions provided you cannot go wrong.

jliba2004

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hielkenator said:
jliba2004 said:
Hielkenator said:

Then reinstall Darkcorp.

If you follow the instructions provided you cannot go wrong.

It worked perfectly
smile.gif
. I even got the custom wii System Menu. I just have delete RawkSD now
yaywii.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, could you change your username?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    anybody here?
  • P @ PKNate:
    nope
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fun fact: 7 years by lukas graham, supermassive black hole by muse, and megalomania all have the same bpm
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual +1