Dark Void hits dsi ware

shito

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
QUOTE said:
Capcom's Dark Void won't just be appearing on the 360, PC and PS3; no, it'll also be appearing on...the Nintendo DSi.

In a marketing move for the main title, Capcom will be releasing Dark Void: Zero, an 8-bit interpretation of the game similar to the recent Mega Man 9 "demake".

It'll hit the DSi Shop in January, and should cost 500 Points.
source
8-bit looking is awesome.

DJ91990

Grookey Gang!
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
What was Dark Void?
Was it that game where you where placed in another dimension?
I wanted to get that game for the Xbox 360.
Hell, if somebody can hack DSi Ware and make it possible to install via internet download outside of the shop channel then hell, I'll get the 8-bit demake. I wonder if it will have 8-bit chiptunes and SFX used in the game as well?
Also, how is this game going to use the touch screen? Will it make it seem like one big screen out of the two? Is there going to be a map at the top of bottom of the screen? Status? Weapons? Etc!?
God help me if there are any gimmicks in this game. I hate gimmick controls, DIDDY KONG RACING DS! YOU KNOW WHAT YOU DID DKRDS!

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
58c62eac53f7a984bec4797606c4d77b.jpg

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Saw this a few days and its maybe one of those games that MAY make me want a DSi...eventually if there is no other way to play these titles.

I can see people moving the more so called "core" games to DSiWare rather then have the hassle of having to find publishers or worry about stores stocking the games.

Shantae: Risky's Revenge & Alien Havoc are others that I like the look of.

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It would also be brilliant if Mega Man 9 and 10 would be released on the DSi. It will be interesting to see how they do this though as they do not have an 8-bit version of their game to base it off like Mega Man.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rev Jim said:
This looks really good...

Stupid question, but can DSIware titles be played on regular old DSs' as backups?
Nope not at all, which means no DSiWare for you.

Luckily this is coming to the PC so I can play it on that instead. Fuck you Nintendo for not making a way to let us who supported the DS from the start to play these.

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Whats truly sad is that this spin-off will likely be better than its console counterpart. Which looks to be happening on two levels: A) this looks like an exceptional retro redux, and B) the actual Dark Void is all around mediocre.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: is gta v or call of duty still up?