'Dark Souls Trilogy' announced for PS4 and Xbox One

dark osuls trilogy.PNG

Indeed get ready to die again and again in the newly announced Dark Souls Trilogy! The entire collection of the genre-defining series is headed to a PS4 or Xbox One near you later this year!

This trilogy will include Dark Souls Remastered, Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin and Dark Souls III: The Fire Fades Edition, as well as all previously released DLC. While the title will be available digitally, Bandai Namco has announced that a limited physical edition will also hit shelves.

Dark Souls Trilogy will be available October 19th, 2018 for Xbox One and PS4 for $79.99 USD.

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm currently playing Dark Souls III. Its nothing like any Nintendo game.

It's like lots of NES era games, actually.

A challenge that is mostly established through trial and error. Not that I dislike those games, but it uses rather cheap tactics to come off as a challenging game (limited controls, unfair positioning of otherwise dumb enemies, little room for mistakes).

Last edited by Axido,

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The only reason why I'll pick this up is because I skipped DS on current gen systems, it's pretty disgusting milking of the franchise. They've only just released DS Remastered and now they're serving up this to fans who no doubt already bought DSR and DS3 GOTY.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I can't care for Dark Souls on consoles. DS3 ran terribly at launch, and I'm sure it's not much better now. Unless they sacrificed visual fidelity in the long run. It's a blatant half-assed attempt at reselling the 3 games which most of us already have somewhere. D'ah well. Some poor shmucks will no doubt buy it at that obscure price tag.

AutumnWolf

JRPG enjoyer, Xenoblade, YS and DQ connoisseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
I can't care for Dark Souls on consoles. DS3 ran terribly at launch, and I'm sure it's not much better now. Unless they sacrificed visual fidelity in the long run. It's a blatant half-assed attempt at reselling the 3 games which most of us already have somewhere. D'ah well. Some poor shmucks will no doubt buy it at that obscure price tag.
it actually runs a lot better now but the game still has framepassing issues

Steena

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I never tried that series
I know they are available on pc though
Anyone recommends it?
I'm a Nintendo fanboy so...
Does it look like any 1st party nintendo game?
general suggestion, but i'd try to get out of the bubble, it seems you want to intentionally shield yourself from games not made by a particular company for some arbitrary reason, in the end it's only hurting your library variety with no upside
the consistency argument doesn't even hold because nintendo has made mature games, extremely young audience games, teenager games, etc, with difficulty levels going from zero to extremely difficult. Nintendo also has had little to zero involvement on a lot of games that are touted as some of the best, infact, "nintendo" is a group of hundreds of people with teams that do not communicate with one another, it's not one person curating games for you specifically.

Also, games like BotW drew heavily from popular non-nintendo games. Xenoblade director straight out admitted they wanted to create a singleplayer game that worked like western MMOs of the old. I assume you hate those games because they have outside influence? You must also hate metroid prime, eternal darkness, hell, even pokemon has started with absolutely zero gamedev involvement from nintendo, they just poured some financial support until gen 2. And that franchise has been patch updates without major revolutions.

I'd just keep a more open mind in general, dark souls or not. You are instantly dismissing on 99% games on the basis of a label, with no analysis whatsoever. Seems pretty self-defeating to me.

Last edited by Steena,
Reactions: nakoh

nodnyl10

Trophies
XP
Country
Mmmmh... Tell me if I got it wrong
But do you mean that the Switch doesn't have powerful enough hardware to run these games?

I believe the Switch can run those games, albeit maybe 30 fps but that aint an issue. The problem is gonna be all 3 games altogether for the Switch.

In other concern, the Switch, i dont think will be able to run newer games like Sekiro or rather Resident Evil 2 Remake. Maybe the Black Ops IIII as well and Red Dead Redemption 2.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, okay. First announce dark souls remastered for SWITCH, PS4 and Xbox one. Then delay the Nintendo Switch version to a "Summer release" date. (Which is a lie, it's october which is Autumn) Announce a trilogy collection for "Not nintendo switch" and it's over $60. :blink:

Can the nintendo players get the game first before you announced plans of reselling more stuff or least nintendo announcements? How bout explanation on why you delayed the game. Don't you think the game you had delayed for months after set release date deserves more attention and focus before you start planning stuff on other consoles? :wtf:

I actually had interest in playing the game and now I losing it, this doesn't seem like you care very much about the nintendo switch players the way you handling the situation. (Some people speculate the delay was intentional collusion waiting for the announcement of the nintendo online service details.) Don't even have a response for that.

Reactions: Glyptofane

Wuigi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One shouldn't play DS2 anyway and DS1R and DS3 together are probably way cheaper than buying the same games again.
It's even a bit like the MGS5 complete edition, where they tried to sell the demo and the maingame in a bundle for more money than the maingame.

Last edited by Wuigi,

Glyptofane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, okay. First announce dark souls remastered for SWITCH, PS4 and Xbox one. Then delay the Nintendo Switch version to a "Summer release" date. (Which is a lie, it's october which is Autumn) Announce a trilogy collection for "Not nintendo switch" and it's over $60. :blink:

Can the nintendo players get the game first before you announced plans of reselling more stuff or least nintendo announcements? How bout explanation on why you delayed the game. Don't you think the game you had delayed for months after set release date deserves more attention and focus before you start planning stuff on other consoles? :wtf:

I actually had interest in playing the game and now I losing it, this doesn't seem like you care very much about the nintendo switch players the way you handling the situation. (Some people speculate the delay was intentional collusion waiting for the announcement of the nintendo online service details.) Don't even have a response for that.
Seriously, my thoughts on this were less elaborate, but more or less along the lines that this announcement can only do more harm to the Switch release of Dark Souls Remastered than the delay already has.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
so they sell you dark souls remastered solo and now sell dark souls trilogy lol in a space of like 5 months...

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, if they do upgrade DSR to a Trilogy for the Switch, I hope it is physical. At least 3 carts in one box, if not one cart.

And... apparently it is not coming to Europe.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, if they do upgrade DSR to a Trilogy for the Switch, I hope it is physical. At least 3 carts in one box, if not one cart.

And... apparently it is not coming to Europe.
Switch cartridge can go up to 64 GB
Do you still think it can fit in one cartridge?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, 4th what?