Dark Souls - The game that makes u ragequit :=

Discussion in 'PS3 - Games & Content' started by DarkStriker, Sep 27, 2011.

Sep 27, 2011
  1. DarkStriker
    OP

Member DarkStriker GBAtemp's Kpop lover!

Norway
    So Dark Souls is finally nearing is release date for both US and EU!
    Dark Souls is a action RPG, but what makes it different from others? You simply die too much becasue of all the surprise coming at you =)

Anyone that have played Demon Souls know what scary shit im talking about [​IMG] I think i died like 12 times on the first stage on Demon Souls before i finished it. And i was a Royal too which is supposed to make the start easy...

Well i really cant wait for this game! Preordered the limited edition ^^

Here is some online stream you can watch right away [​IMG]
    http://no.twitch.tv/clopdel
    http://no.twitch.tv/rx_888

None of the cool "good" and/or "funny" people are playing right now.
    And yes they die alot [​IMG]

2. Hells Malice

Member Hells Malice Are you a bully?

Canada
    Getting it at launch and booked some days off work so I can binge play the crap out of Dark Souls.
    Though I got it for 360 for the better online and better controller.

I wish PS3 and 360 players could play together. That would be fun as hell, and it's not like it'd be unfair or anything.

Also got a friend to buy it as well. He went from not knowing what it was, to buying it at launch pretty damn quickly once I showed him some stuff for it, lol.

3. _Chaz_

Member _Chaz_ GBAtemp's Official Mook™

United States
    I seriously don't get it.

While Demon's Souls was a good game, it certainly wasn't as hard as people made it out to be. First time I played it over my cousin's place, I made a new file and didn't die once until the second boss (I'm counting the tutorial boss as the first boss). In fact, the game was pretty easy other than some of the bosses, and even they had predictable patterns if you stood back and observed for a minute or two. It was still one of the harder games released recently, but it has nothing on older games like Contra: Hard Corps.

I expect Dark Souls to be much more difficult, but I still think that it's going to be little more than hype that gains it popularity.

4. DarkStriker
    OP

Norway
    Wait? You defeated the tutorial boss? Not in a chance if that was your first gameplay. And i bet your cousin helped you through the first stage. Its almost impossible to not die on the first stage unless you got help or have seen walkthroughs as many of the paths send you to death. I was able to just magic shoot the tutorial boss to half health and then i died. Did however easily pwn him on my other new game character.

Dark Souls boss sems to be harder like faster swing rates on certain bosses or a huge range on their attack so it gives you less time to attack the boss. Dark Souls isnt stagebased either, but instead is a open world. Well i pretty much facerolled the game once i rushed getting the BBS. Finished the game as Slvl 76. But damn NG+ is hard when you finish it at early level. I say NG+ is the real deal if you are able to finsih it under lvl 90. And you should know that stage 1 and 2 is easy compared to the rest of the game. Did you finish the game btw? Did you try the side bosses like that old dude in first stage that has this gigantic sword and rapes almost all your health at around 40-50 Vit? Well i pretty much grabbed all the items in the game on my first run.

5. bazzi_h

Member bazzi_h GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I call BS, Demon's soul is not easy. It's easily the hardest game on PS3 (I don't count Bionic Commando ReArmed since it was multi-platform as well as crappily designed).

I can't wait to get my hands on Dark Souls as well as Rage today.

6. DarkStriker
    OP

Norway
    Preordered, and delayed because those swedish suckers delayed it... simon_003! I BLAME YOU!

Getting it tommorw or tommorow after that.... so lame... even possible i get it on monday.... and every friggin game store has it, but just that single gamestore i preordered from doesnt have it.. GREAT!

7. Ace

Member Ace GBATemp's Patrick Bateman

Sweden
    ....You called, sweetie? :creep:

8. The Ey Man

Newcomer The Ey Man Member

Sweden
    Ahh, I regret preordering it from Amazon UK as I live in Sweden... Now it's arriving like the 12th or 14th.
    My friend bought it release day, and I played it with him both release day and day after, although we died and rage quitted too much... killed 2 bosses with my Demon's Souls skills though :D

9. Snailface

Member Snailface My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing

Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
    Antarctica
    This game has inspired neoGAF to 24 thousand posts of hype after only 5 days of being released. :O

Seriously, people are going nuts over this game. So I'm temped to give it a try myself.

10. Slyakin

Member Slyakin See ya suckers

United States
    I might try this game, but I don't know if I'd like it. I see no appeal in a game that has difficulty as one of it's main selling points.

(I suck at games)

11. The Ey Man

Newcomer The Ey Man Member

Sweden
    Thing is, the game doesn't intend to really murder you. Most deaths will make you go "ooh, thats what be does". The rest will just be dying from the weak monsters because you try to rush the fight (or repeating the same mistakes instead of learning from them).

Basically, it teaches you how each enemy fights as you move along. I have to admit I've died at the same place over and over again, mainly because I don't change my strategy, but when I do I finally figure out the easy way to kill the enemy.

12. Hells Malice

Member Hells Malice Are you a bully?

Canada
    Wish I could find a genius post made on the Dark Souls gamespot forum. Was more or less pointing out that every single death in the game is caused by you in some way.

If you act flawlessly at all times, you'll never die. But no one is that good, so prepare to die. lol.

Fun game. So far haven't felt it being unfair at all, except Seath and his fucking curse laser (curse = instant death and your total HP is halved till you cure it).

PvP is fun as hell. I've fought about 10 people, and killed all of them.

13. Waddy101

Newcomer Waddy101 Member

United Kingdom
    This game made me rage so much at times but overall it was a pretty good game.

I do quite like PvP though i win 80% of the time so it's enjoyable for me ^_^.