Daigassou! Band Brothers DX save problem

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by saitama, Apr 2, 2009.

Apr 2, 2009
  1. saitama
    OP

Newcomer saitama Member

Korea, South
    Okay so here is the situation, I've read countless topics on this game here and on another site. I'm currently use AK2i on AKAIO v.1.4.1 PROPER with a 4GB Lexar Class 2 SDHC on a DS Lite.

The game has played fine using a 512KB R4 .sav file but recently I decided I wanted to play the game with the extra songs. I re-d/led the game from a reliable site and it's a good dump, nothing wrong with it whatsoever. When I boot the game it generates the 8MB .sav file but when I try to finish making my profile the game freezes.

After much searching I found someone on this site in the Daigassou topic that had posted a link to the 3 custom saves that had the songs already pre-loaded (seeing as I couldn't get my .sav to work and when using degausser it wouldn't even load period giving me the could not save screen). Those saves will work because the profile is already complete but now whenever I pass a song and it automatically saves and the game freezes. I've tried using different DMA methods to boot it up and it gives me the same error. I have formatted my Micro SDHC using the Panasonic Formatter as well and I'm recieving the same problem.

I'm sure this might have something to do with the fact that the game uses an 8MB sav file to load the new songs which no other game (to my knowledge) does but I was wondering if anyone might have any recommendations.

P.S. I've even tried to change the sav type to 8M using the advanced ROM option seeing as it by default generates as unknown but it still doesn't solve the problem.

2. Normmatt

Member Normmatt Former AKAIO Programmer

New Zealand
  3. saitama
    OP

Newcomer saitama Member

Korea, South
    Thanks for the prompt reply Normatt, will do [​IMG]