• Start date
  • Views 44,469
  • Replies 118

mook8515

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for working on this project, I am looking forward to it. So are you working on translation first and then adding the DLC songs? I'm really looking forward to the DLC songs in the rom.

spearman792

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh good! I was afraid I was going to have to wait for an eternity but if it's only going to be in "when it's finished" then I should have it by the time you're done being a @#&%$.

To anyone else: I was just asking since someone said that all the text translation was done about a week ago they just had to put on the ROM or something.
Good luck on finishing this!
biggrin.gif

Kuya

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hes being an @$$ (according to you) because deufeufeu has said many times that he hates giving ETAs. You are just going to have to wait, Im afraid.

D

Deleted User

OP
so translation is on hold, DLC songs can be added to the rom currently but it doesn't work on CycloDS/R4... I'm currently trying to decrypt the encryption used on the song files when you download them from nintendo website.

CharAznable

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Quick question: Is there any way to get the current patch to work with M3DS Real? Every time I try it hangs at the "Save File Does Not Exist, Creating Save File" screen. The unpatched version works fine, but I can't get the current patched version to work at all. I've tried all five or so different patches on deufeufeu's site, and none of them seem to boot.

D

Deleted User

OP
SeraphisCain said:
Quick question: Is there any way to get the current patch to work with M3DS Real? Every time I try it hangs at the "Save File Does Not Exist, Creating Save File" screen. The unpatched version works fine, but I can't get the current patched version to work at all. I've tried all five or so different patches on deufeufeu's site, and none of them seem to boot.
the best thing you could do is contact the M3 team. I'm doing stuff most flashcarts can't except, so if they are assuming something they are screwed.

kazumi213

Trophies
XP
Country
deufeufeu said:
the best thing you could do is contact the M3 team. I'm doing stuff most flashcarts can't except, so if they are assuming something they are screwed.

Your hack including 245 songs loads fine on no$gba just by using a proper save and setting save type to "Auto". I've tried changing internal name/serial to a random/"new" one (and header checksum accordingly) on the hacked ROM to test whether the CycloDS is checking those and avoid its patch (which seems to mess the hack execution on the Cyclo). No luck. The Cyclo must be checking something else to spot this ROM and apply its patch.

D

Deleted User

OP
kazumi213 said:
deufeufeu said:

Your hack including 245 songs loads fine on no$gba just by using a proper save and setting save type to "Auto". I've tried changing internal name/serial to a random/"new" one (and header checksum accordingly) on the hacked ROM to test whether the CycloDS is checking those and avoid its patch (which seems to mess the hack execution on the Cyclo). No luck. The Cyclo must be checking something else to spot this ROM and apply its patch.
I think the issue has to do with the fact that I've decompressed the arm9 and changed the call to the decompressor to NOP. seing what could seem like a compressed arm9, the cyclods is maybe trying to decompress it... which fails.

kazumi213

Trophies
XP
Country
deufeufeu said:
I think the issue has to do with the fact that I've decompressed the arm9 and changed the call to the decompressor to NOP. seing what could seem like a compressed arm9, the cyclods is maybe trying to decompress it... which fails.

Have you tried running the hack under the previous firmware (v1.4)? That would confirm the cause: the v1.41 fix for the game or the fact that your hack uses a decompressed arm9 bin.

EDIT: I've checked the contents of my memory card just to find that the save created when the hacked ROM has a modified internal name AND serial is the standard 512 kbytes in size, so the ROM was not recognized by the firmware as the Daigassou one. When only the serial was modified (original internal name), the 8192 kbytes save is still created, so the Cyclo probably just checks for valid internal name OR serial when applying specific fixes.

Anyway, the modified hack didn't work (as described in a previous post), so it's not the 1.41 fix and you must be right about the arm9 thing.

Bkid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could do proofreading, etc. to make it not sound weird once it's translated. For example, the second picture in the original post would probably sound better if it were reworded. Instead of "This is your first time in the music shop of Barbara the bat?" you could say "Is this your first time in Barbara the bat's music shop?"

I don't know japanese, but I know how to make it not sound weird once you translate it.
tongue.gif

Bo@

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi i'm new here.. there's alot of things which i don't understand what u guys are sayin..all the ETA and patching thing... but at least i know i manage to get my dstt to work on daigasso band brothers dx.. WHICH is a v gd start.. from what u guys posted i understood that we can't connect wirelessly to download the songs? coz i've juz tried downloading'em wirelessly and it said somethin bout my card being unable to download n they cut me off the internet =.= i suppose that should be somethin i should've expected... so am i right to say that deufeufeu is now working on helpin us to create a rom consistin all the songs for download? if so.. then is the rom gonna be the same like what we usually have inside our mmcs? where we just drag and drop it and start off the game? i'm sorry if my question sounds noob.. coz i AM a noob.. i play games i don't create'em :X hee....

Edward Hyena

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to post this comment and hope people read it.

The reason you can't ask "When will a translation / ROM Hack be done" is because no one knows exactly how long it will take until it is done. Take a look at how long it takes to make actual games, where people are being paid to get things done, and how often those dates get pushed back due to difficulties, bugs, testing, etc.

Everything has one or the other as a release date : "Done when it's ready" or "Done on this date, ready or not, and believe me, it'll suck, because it's not done!". Take your pick. I go with "Done when it's ready."

I wish you luck with this project. Sadly I am also a total newb and the only thing I can ever offer help in is testing.
frown.gif

theotherfreakygu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey deufeufeu, I am a fan of your original Daigasso Hack. Hoper you make progress on this one- also, Are the saves similar enough that this could be opened with the bbs programs? I want to import some of my older songs-
I wish I could offer you something but unfortunately I'm not a very good hacker. But I know that the number one thing I want is Romanji lyrics- if you can just get that, I'll be very happy.

Also, is there tools to hack the narc files? Because the hack doesn't work over DS Download Play unless the narcs are edited (i think it was the narc files anyway)

Well, good luck, I'll be checking in on this thread regularly!

CharAznable

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'd happily test it if I knew which patch was which on Deufeufeu's site. There's like, five or six different daigasso.dps files on there. I've tried one out, and it didn't work, but I don't know if it was the "correct" one, so to speak. Really, I just want the 245 song hack to work on M3DS Real. Not so much concerned about the actual translation.

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i'm curious, would it also be possible to put DBB1 songs into DX?
or did they add those to the downloadable content?

i'm quite interested in seasons, zelda theme, and mario theme.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol stremio hogging all of my tvs on board ram
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just download more Ram to it, or setup Raid666 on it.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Morning
    +1
  • CooingMaxito @ CooingMaxito:
    Hello fellow stranger
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you mean I've known you since today
    Damn that's bonkers mate, it's almost like we've never met!
    Probably just my imagination
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: