Gaming Daigasso! Band Brothers P

Neobeo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the early feedback!

Suggestion: Maybe have a direct link to the song page so user can play the stream audio version.
Great idea. This shouldn't be too hard to do.

I feel like you should probably create a dedicated thread for degausser, Neobeo, as it's sorta buried being here like it is. It's likely that many people don't know about it because of that. Going to certainly try this out and send songs to my main game from DX to expand my tracks a bit more. :3
Yeah, I might do this once I feel like it's "production-ready", which it isn't right now. At the very least I feel like I should make the main importer/exporter more robust and exception-safe before releasing it. And also not make it a memory hog. What you guys are getting here is really a "completely unstable pre-release test version".

Edit: I may be wrong, but it appears the songs imported from DX aren't left/right balanced correctly for the instruments. They appear to be balancing using only the right(positive) only, instead of the whole left/right spectrum(which includes negative values). It's easy to determine where they should've been balanced, if this is the case, but still.
Ahh, this is exactly the kind of feedback I'm hoping to get here. While the BDX format is almost completely understood, there's lots of parts in the BBP which are largely unknown and I'm just taking a best guess. I'll definitely have a look at this.

Side note: This is one of the reasons I'm using "Degausser v2.0a" as the author's name, as I expect newer versions to produce incrementally better (higher fidelity) conversions so this makes it easy see how something was converted

Reactions: Mr. Smiley

Lookie401

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, the balance isn't correct like Spikey said.

Guitar chord track are not noted (where and when to strum) and sometimes when there's a custom chord, it's either not in the right place and/or it contains one that's impossible to create within the game (over 64 custom chords).

Overall I'm glad that I can import .bdx into P. It's better than copying everything one by one using two (3)DSes. I can manually readjust any mistake from the import. Plus, I think it's a good idea to do some adjusting anyway since songs from DX will sound (a bit) different on P. :)

Edit: About the balance issue. Even though the slider is in the wrong position it sounds correctly as long you don't move the slider. lol

Another bug I found is with the karaoke text/timing. For some reason it doesn't show the last line/sentences at the end of the song. A quick fix is to look at the last character/letters that appears and retime it (moving one click left or right). Hope you understand what I'm trying to say here. Heh.

Last edited by Lookie401, , Reason: moar delicious info
Reactions: Mr. Smiley

Lookie401

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Happy early Thanksgiving! What? Is that a huge questionmark on top of your head?

@Neobeo, if you are reading this it seems like minidegausser and Degausser v2.0a doesn't want to extract songs that have a question mark in the title. One song is missing from my latest dump because of that. Could you take a look into it? Thanks in advance.

Reactions: r4bbit and Neobeo

Neobeo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@Neobeo, if you are reading this it seems like minidegausser and Degausser v2.0a doesn't want to extract songs that have a question mark in the title. One song is missing from my latest dump because of that. Could you take a look into it? Thanks in advance.
Yeah, I guess any of the ASCII characters <>:"/.|?* will cause problems in filenames. I think the songs we've had so far always had these in fullwidth unicode instead. I'll try to get a fix out by the end of the week.

Neobeo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I know I'm supposed to fix up degausser, but I kind of got lazy and stuff. Instead, what really got me going was the latest gateway update with RAM dumping. Essentially the pack is downloaded into memory if you listen to it in the shop without vocals. It's not exactly the same as what's in the pack/bbp, so I'm really just trying to figure out what's different at the moment. My short term goal is thus to be able to convert individual songs into a .bbp without using any tomatoes.

Lookie401

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
LOL. I was going to mention about Gateway RAM dumping. Guess I don't need to now. :D

And for those who are wondering the 2015 end of the year pack will be out shortly (...like tomorrow)!!!

Reactions: r4bbit

Neobeo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys! For my christmas, end-of-year special, here's a new release: Degausser v2.1b. It fixes the filename problem, though I guess it's a bit too late for Lookie401's end of year pack.

The new feature though, is the ability to import GW3.6 RAM dumps in the form of .bin. This has only been tested on my system (o3dsxl eu, sys9.2, emu10.3), so I have no idea if it works for anything else, and it assumes that the pack data is always downloaded to vaddr 0x08900000. Anyway, to use this, you basically open up the shop and listen to the song you want to "download". Then switch the voice to OFF on the top right corner (I'm not actually sure this is needed, I haven't tested otherwise). Then perform a RAM dump, which will be 55MB or so. Then degausser loads these just like it does the .bbp or .bdx files. Again, your success rate may vary, so any bug reports will be much appreciated. I have tried to design it to output any errors I can think of, even if the error messages themselves might be a bit cryptic. It works 100% on my system though, so I don't know of any bugs at the moment.

As far as I can tell, the "pack" data from doing this is identical to one that is bought with tomatoes, BUT the metadata in jb.mgr is missing. This means it's missing the alternate title, the author (probably somewhere in RAM but I haven't figured it out), and the flags might be incorrect (which can be fixed by re-saving) etc. To that end, I have decided to import it into "editable songs" rather than a "downloadable song". Hopefully this might be fixed in a future update.

EDIT: v2.1a -> v2.1b

Last edited by Neobeo,

Lookie401

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys! For my christmas, end-of-year special, here's a new release: Degausser v2.1a. It fixes the filename problem, though I guess it's a bit too late for Lookie401's end of year pack.
:hateit: Do you know how much I hate/love you right now? :P

Incoming version 2 pack! Just missing one song so this should be the finaldump* for 2015.

*Do I need to tell you what this is for? :lol:

Side note: When I dump the ram it was only 3MB. I must be doing something wrong.
EDIT: Okay, I found out the problem. For some reason Gateway doesn't want to dump the ram onto a 64GB SDXC that had plenty of room but will do it on a 2GB SD card. But there's another problem. Degausser's log is saying the bin "has incorrect header error #6".

Last edited by Lookie401, , Reason: additional info and corrections

Neobeo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Degausser's log is saying the bin "has incorrect header error #6".
I thought there might be something like this. The good news is it's passed the first 5 "sanity checks". This sixth check just means some of the bytes are not zero where I was expecting them to be. I'll discuss this further via PM.

Neobeo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
We *really* need a BBP injecting homebrew for the 3DS, badly. Extracting and restoring takes absolute AGES to add songs. x_x
Definitely something I've considered, but I'm not really up to date with the homebrew scene. Plus I don't insert new songs frequently enough for the AGES to bother me too much anyway.

Neobeo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
We *really* need a BBP injecting homebrew for the 3DS, badly. Extracting and restoring takes absolute AGES to add songs. x_x
How much interest would there be in something like this? I've whipped up a quick 3dsx homebrew that can import/export bbp songs, but is still fairly unstable all over. It does take about 4 minutes to import 400 bbp (tested on an o3ds), but it does prevent the need to backup/restore the entire extdata every time. Which is probably good practice anyway because backups are always good

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==