Hacking DaedalusX64 has been updated

Durelle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wow your right, I tried 1.1.2 and I even get bluescreens without sound @Arecaidian Fox

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hey Durelle, that's an issue it seems. Unfortunately, as you are using a Vita, it's a pretty different ball game. You see, sound in Daedalus is handled by the PSP's massively underutilised Media Engine chip. Since it wasn't available for commercial games, Sony barely emulated it for Vita, so as a result audio errors may very well be caused by this hardware/emulation discrepancy. We're sorry about this being the case, but we would have to rewrite the audio code to run on the main CPU just for a "Vita version"... we have a lot of stuff to do so it's not a priority, especially since all of us are PSP users. We'll get around to it eventually, we just can't say when.
Ah that makes sense lol, no stress tough, I'll test it on my go later, although I'll probably sell my go soon.

Reactions: TheMrIron2

xadrianx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Tested last version on PSP 3.000

Games i tested:
- f Zero x
- Mario kart 64
- super smash brothers
- Tony Hawks pro skater 3

Very playable without sound 30-45 fps in almost games

Attachments

• IMG_20180825_113914270.jpg
    IMG_20180825_113914270.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 259
Reactions: TheMrIron2

Poudink

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
why should dynarec loop optimization be disabled in SM64? I've never had any issues with it enabled.

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
is this worth downloading? When i say worth i mean does it run 60fps smooth? Anything else i dont consider sucsess...cause i know i wont play if its not runing smooth, than im better off runing n64 on PC.

Also, whats with retroarch version of N64 core???

Last edited by Metoroid0,

Malckyor

The One and Only!
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Finally some progress, it's a little late, but I can always make a good use of it since the olders were very laggy.

It's playing better than before without audio, but still the same issues with the text.
Zelda Ocarine of Time 10-20fps here.
42126828_864367403755286_3345563594103193600_n.jpg

Last edited by Malckyor,

Malckyor

The One and Only!
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
the issue probably comes from you playing in widescreen lol

I think that makes no sense, but well, I just tested and it is the same after all, might be another config then? I tested some combos and didn't work. Did you test to check if it's all good to you?

Malckyor

The One and Only!
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
As I said, I tested all modes and it is all the same. And of course I prefer to play stretched or widescreen, it bother me if it's not stretched on the PSP's screen.

TheMrIron2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Finally some progress, it's a little late, but I can always make a good use of it since the olders were very laggy.

It's playing better than before without audio, but still the same issues with the text.
Zelda Ocarine of Time 10-20fps here.
42126828_864367403755286_3345563594103193600_n.jpg

This is a known issue and it is fixed with the "Texture Update Check" option. The higher the setting is set (ie. every 32 frames as highest), the less performance-impacting it will be, but text will take slightly longer to resolve. At 32 frames (or 16 frames, IIRC?), it is negligible on performance and fixes the issue, if you don't mind it taking a second or two to render the text properly when new text is scrolling in.

is this worth downloading? When i say worth i mean does it run 60fps smooth? Anything else i dont consider sucsess...cause i know i wont play if its not runing smooth, than im better off runing n64 on PC.

Also, whats with retroarch version of N64 core???

You have very high standards for a PSP emulating a N64, which in itself is quite an achievement. Fortunately, many games run at full speed without sound, including Mario 64 and Aerogauge. Star Fox 64 and Mario Kart 64 are two examples of games that average at a speed that is close to or full speed, but have drops when lots of things are happening on screen. No games really run at full speed without sound, though SM64/Aerogauge are very close from what I've played.

re: RetroArch Vita.. don't even bother. It's software rendered, meaning everything is being done on the CPU right now, and worse yet, there's no dynarec core so it's interpreted - and the Vita is nowhere near fast enough to do so decently. PSP actually has an advantage over Vita here since it shares the same CPU architecture as the N64 - MIPS - but Vita is ARM. Frankly, because it's retroarch and it's designed to be a portable core, I doubt it will ever run very well let alone at Daedalus levels... but we can hope, right? With GPU acceleration the Vita stands a chance, I would hope, but honestly I think the PSP's processors are better designed for N64 emulation. Who knows?

Last edited by TheMrIron2,

Malckyor

The One and Only!
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
This is a known issue and it is fixed with the "Texture Update Check" option. The higher the setting is set (ie. every 32 frames as highest), the less performance-impacting it will be, but text will take slightly longer to resolve. At 32 frames (or 16 frames, IIRC?), it is negligible on performance and fixes the issue, if you don't mind it taking a second or two to render the text properly when new text is scrolling in.

Yay, that really worked, although at 16 frames is faster to render and I don't mind at all to wait so I can read, and by the way, do you know any configuration that might help it run with higher FPS? (Oh, I still need to see it in battle or outside the village, I'll be working to go a little further in the game)

TheMrIron2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Yay, that really worked, although at 16 frames is faster to render and I don't mind at all to wait so I can read, and by the way, do you know any configuration that might help it run with higher FPS? (Oh, I still need to see it in battle or outside the village, I'll be working to go a little further in the game)

I recommend playing without sound and with the optimal settings on the daedalus wiki.
https://www.github.com/z2442/daedalus/wiki/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.