D2x IOS installed fine hard drive not detected

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by GinBunBun, Dec 31, 2012.

Dec 31, 2012
  1. GinBunBun
    OP

Newcomer GinBunBun Member

United States
    I have no idea why but my hard drive will not detect on the vwii in wiiflow or usb loader gx. it works fine on the regular wii. I did everything correct when installing the vwii version of d2x i dont know whats wrong. any ideas?

2. joeatcre

Newcomer joeatcre Member

United States
    mine had some issues as well at first if you have the cios installed to 249 or 250 check settings and the port you have assigned in usbloader gx try switching the ios to use from 249 to 250 or vice versa if the hard drive is getting power through the usb port only you may need to use a y cable even if the drive didnt require it on the original wii. you could also try plugging the hard drive in only after you go into the wii menu from wiiu menu. hope that helps.

forgot to add make sure its plugged into the back ports. not the front.

3. GinBunBun
    OP

Newcomer GinBunBun Member

United States
    I think im going to have to get a y cable because the drive isnt getting enough power

4. davebaol

Member davebaol GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Italy
    just for the sake of precision, the TOPMOST port on the rear.

5. joeatcre

Newcomer joeatcre Member

United States

davebaol i have an issue with using a skylanders portal alongside the hard drive ive installed d2x vwii beta 53 alt and tried removing the ios 250 reinstalling with an empty slot and nothing works to get it to run kids are driving me nuts here trying to get their game to work. any suggestions of what to try.

just to be more clear the game works the issue is being able to plug and play the usb device. Im using usbloader gx.

6. davebaol

Italy
    Well it might depend on what you mean by plug&play.
    1st question is: does the original game launched through disc channel allow you to plug and play the usb device?
    2nd question is: are there situations where plug&play has different behavior between the original dvd and the game played with d2x alt?
    If your answers are both YES then d2x alt is not fully plug&play, contrary to what I expected.

7. joeatcre

Newcomer joeatcre Member

United States
    checked it with the skylanders disk it loaded but im gonna check something else first before i blame the cios going to go back in and check out something i did before i installed any loader because wiiflow doesnt load either it freezes or goes back to system menu.

8. joeatcre

Newcomer joeatcre Member

United States
    got it worked out after some tinkering with it and redownloading the vwii special ios236 v6 and reinstalling my cios on 249 250 and 251 wiiflow is now working and as long as i insert the usb for the usb device before i start wiiflow it will work. usbloader gx has the same issue still but it may be that it needs to be loaded with a different ios other than 251 ill figure that out later.

9. Pattonfiend67

Banned Pattonfiend67 You're F'ng Out!

United States
    why do you guys just keep making new threads about a question that has already been answered a thousand times before in almost every other thread?

10. joeatcre

Newcomer joeatcre Member

United States
    yea kinda like when people come onto a thread for the sole purpose of bitching when the OP already got his answer

11. Pattonfiend67

Banned Pattonfiend67 You're F'ng Out!

United States
    glad to see you support ignorance and retardation...!

12. flo

Member flo GBAtemp Regular

Hungary
    If you're using CFG Loader go to SD / usb-loader / config.txt and modify the default IOS from 249 to 250 . That worked for me .

13. davebaol

Italy
    well you might tell us what's in your slot 250