Hardware D2Pro can't be updated...now what?

dufran3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I had my Wii sent out to have a modchip installed a couple of years ago. I got the D2Pro installed in it. (Modchip installation isn't my thing...not good w/ soldering iron) anyway, lately some games haven't been working, been getting black screen disc error with Mario Sports Mix and some other new games. The New Super Mario Bros. works becuase I'm using NeoGamma, but that doesn't work with the other ones not working. I contacted the Vendor that installed my modchip asking them how to update the firmware, because I found some information about a DVD update method, and it sounds like my chip doesn't have that capability. What now? Take into account that I really don't have the skills to swap out my mod chip myself. What should I do? Help me

dufran3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
suck, I guess I will look into getting some sort of USB Loader instead. Hopefully all games will work via that method...

heavyd2007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have the D2pro chip too, and I used the dvd update found on this page with success.

http://www.d2pro.com/resources.html

It was really easy. Just download the version that matches your wii's region, burn it to a dvd-r, run the dvd in your wii, and execute the update.

That said, using a usb loader is really the best way to go. I only use the disc channel when I get my hands on a disc that I want to backup to the usb drive.

D.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1