Hacking D2Pro 3.3U

steve murray

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello I am a new User and joined here from a reccomendation from a good friend.

I gave my neice my Wii around 2 and a half years ago. I installed a Solderless D2Pro ModChip and was playing my backups within minutes after burning onto a DVD.

Now things have probably moved as it has been over 2 years. I have the Wii menu version 3.3U and just flashed my D2Pro to version 1.8.

I've tried playing a backup New Super Mario Brothers and it does not work. What do I need to do to get this working please?

I appologise in advance if this has been asked before. But I am lost with all the new terminology being used now like scrubbers, homebrew, Boomii, IOS, Trucha bug and Priiloader
unsure.gif

Thank You

Steve

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
v1.8 adds support for NSMB so you should be fine. What happens when you try to play the game, how does it not work?

steve murray

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks for your reply guys. The console asks me to update before playing the game, which I am afraid to do in case it bricks my machine. I've not played the game yet. I have successfuly flashed to version 1.8 of D2Pro by downloading and running the installation dvd on my console. What is this patching method please, I have never had to do it before when playing backup PAL region games. I guess this is something new.

thank you.

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Well, if you are not a homebrew user, you should be OK to just run the update on it, IF the game is of the same region as your Wii.

But just make sure the Wii does not power off or anything, since the NSMBW update updates boot2, which is part of the Wii's boot process.

But if it is not the same region as your Wii, you should be able to download, burn, and run the latest d2pro config disc, and use it to tell the chip to block updates for you.

steve murray

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
hi guys,

I updated and I am and now am on 4.1E but when I insert the disc I get

"The system files are corrupted. Please refer to the Wii Operations Manual for help troubleshooting."

any ideas please?

damysteryman

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
So... it works fine, but it only does this when you insert the NSMBW disc?

I do not know what could be causing that... it should be working fine...

Perhaps the disc is bad?

steve murray

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
fixed, I just downloaded a PAL region NSMB game and it worked with the hardmod. Yes the hardmod, no homebrew channel was needed. I just put the game in which I believe was patched (no idea how that worked) inserted in the console and the game ran fine. ALthough I can no longer play multi region backups now
frown.gif

damysteryman

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Well at least you got the game working.

As for imports being locked out, did you by any chance happen to run any updates from other games afterwards?

Go to your Wii Settings, and check what system menu you have. If it is 4.2E or 4.3E, then that would explain the imports being locked out, since 4.2 and 4.3 have a stronger region lock in them, which modchips cannot bypass (but softmods can).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ