Gaming D/P party.

Bitbyte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Does it really matter in competitive gaming? You know you'll go up against EV-whores anyways
smile.gif

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The difference is that legendaries have naturally high stats and generally decent movepools, all without training (the only thing you need to worry about is catching them - and that's not hard)

Bitbyte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
What I loved to do at ALL the games up til now (haven't started Diamond/Pearl yet, waiting for EU release to buy it) was mainly train my starter and just own the hell outta everything, I had some Pokémon with me that I used for teaching them HMs and when I could catch a legendary, I immediately caught it and added it to my team because of its high level and thus no need to train because my starter was already that high of a level.

All that hate against the legendaries kinda annoys me. You say it's not that hard to catch legendaries but daaamn, it used to take a long long time before you could finally catch one.

You beat legendaries with legendaries. Fuck all these EV-whores with their 1 tier below legendary Pokémon. I can't believe there's elitism in a game like Pokémon haha. Just to fuck around with them, I'll go and train a team that shall consist of legendary Pokémon only, I'll use berries to reset their EVs and then I shall EV train them and own the hell out of all those elitist "Pokémon trainers"
biggrin.gif

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
What I loved to do at ALL the games up til now (haven't started Diamond/Pearl yet, waiting for EU release to buy it) was mainly train my starter and just own the hell outta everything, I had some Pokémon with me that I used for teaching them HMs and when I could catch a legendary, I immediately caught it and added it to my team because of its high level and thus no need to train because my starter was already that high of a level.

All that hate against the legendaries kinda annoys me. You say it's not that hard to catch legendaries but daaamn, it used to take a long long time before you could finally catch one.

You beat legendaries with legendaries. Fuck all these EV-whores with their 1 tier below legendary Pokémon. I can't believe there's elitism in a game like Pokémon haha. Just to fuck around with them, I'll go and train a team that shall consist of legendary Pokémon only, I'll use berries to reset their EVs and then I shall EV train them and own the hell out of all those elitist "Pokémon trainers"
biggrin.gif

I hardly play pokemon to create an elite party (I just try catch all the pokemon). What I find unfair is that a team of legendaries can defeat a team of EV-whored pokemon with movesets which required a lot of breeding, and bred until they have good natures, etc.

Pokesav also sucks

Xenophobe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The difference is that legendaries have naturally high stats and generally decent movepools, all without training (the only thing you need to worry about is catching them - and that's not hard)
You wish. Not all legendaries have hax stats when you catch them. For example - Uxie has 130 base SpDef - but it will NOT like a STAB'd SE Shadowball from my Gengar. Alot of legendaries don't mean shit.

Bitbyte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
I played Pokémon too to catch all of 'em, that was all the fun. That's why it was also so much fun when you finally got one of the legendaries. The people who do the EV-training should just use a legendary and EV-train that one, since only then they'll obtain the strongest of all Pokémon. But oh well, if that's the rules they play with..

ambitous21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I played Pokémon too to catch all of 'em, that was all the fun. That's why it was also so much fun when you finally got one of the legendaries. The people who do the EV-training should just use a legendary and EV-train that one, since only then they'll obtain the strongest of all Pokémon. But oh well, if that's the rules they play with..
then thats not fun because everyone will only be using legendaries.
then the pool of usable pokemons become like what.. 30?
if it is like it is now, legendaries arent allow in competitive battles, we have more than 100 usable pokemons.
they are more fair, none crazy stats like the legendaries, so it is more legit.

its not fun just having it all handed to you is it, its more fun to level up some pokemon you like and train it.

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
if it is like it is now, legendaries arent allow in competitive battles, we have more than 100 usable pokemons.

its not fun just having it all handed to you is it, its more fun to level up some pokemon you like and train it.

My thoughts exactly. It's fun to see parties which are actually planned out (even if they aren't that great) rather than just a party of 6 mewtwos (or whatever).

Bitbyte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium

Yeah, that's true, haven't thought about it in that way
smile.gif
. Guess I'll play the games like I used to do and then ev-train to play online
smile.gif

Maverick_z

When did i join again??
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
so far.

Lvl.l 25 Prinplup
Lvl. 22 Staravia
Lvl. 20. Kadabra
lvl 16 Machop (part-time HM slave)
lvl. 13 Bidoof (Freshly caught HM slave for Cut)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FzVN9kIUNxw +1