Hacking Cyclowiz Update In Action (VIDEO)

Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Team Cyclops have just added a news item to their web page as well:

http://www.teamcyclops.com/news.html

03/11/2007

Sorry for the lack of news lately. While we didn't update the site we tried to keep up with support mails as we wanted to wait for something concrete for the site. We clearly underestimated the time needed to create the upgrade disc and we apologize for that.

First of all, solving the slowdown issue was only possible by changing the whole firmware structure. Technically speaking, up until now the chip was becoming transparent just before disc started to spin. It was not possible to use this method while using full speed reading. This major structure change lead to some other problems that had to be resolved and a lot of testing and debugging had to be performed. That alone took much more time than what we expected, but we now have an elegant solution, the chip becomes transparent as soon as the disc is initialized. The other major challenge was making an upgrader with a GUI, what we didn't plan to do at first. While it sounds simple, the complexity of the task was not properly evaluated.

We are happy to say than both the new firmware and the upgrader are entering testing phase. While we still have to fix a couple of minor bugs and test it on several consoles, we are really close to the public release.

We already sent the current version of the upgrader to a few respected sceners. One video of the upgrader in action on a first generation CycloWiz has already been put online here. We know that people don't want videos or reviews, but be assured that it's only a question of days : the testers are free to release the alpha upgrader should we not provide a final upgrader within one week. We'll keep you updated daily until it's released. We hope this clarifies the situation.

jaxxster

The Heretic
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Only thing i can say is they shot themselves in the foot with not keeping us up to date but its gotta be hard to keep up with all us bitching customers emailing them saying "where the fk is the upgrade" Whilst also trying to rewrite your whole chips code and make it safe for users. This in mind i will never buy a product from teamcyclops again due to them not keeping us informed.

Heres to hoping a few days means a few days this time. We'll see soon.

pokerrey05

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im so glad that i installed my wiinja v2 instead of my cyclos**t now I have to fine some sucker to buy it from me
wink.gif

RobertsD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im so glad that i installed my wiinja v2 instead of my cyclos**t now I have to fine some sucker to buy it from me
wink.gif
Why? If they do release the update for the cyclowiz, then it will prove that it is upgradable, and thus can have features added to it.

With the Wiinja v2, your stuck with the features that are there, and if you w ant more, you have to purchase another chip.

Renegade_R

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You watch the video? You literally have to flick the update switch like 8 times...its hard to believe that you gotta give the Wii so much voltage just to program the damn thing. One wrong move and you give your drive fuses 12-delicious-volts of overcooking energy.

kristijan08

Trophies
XP
Country
man im so glad i didnt get a cyclowiz, who could be assed puttin up with this crap? first the pain in the ass of installin a switch and now they are still dragging out their update? theres no question a wiinja v2 is better, its not like theres much to upgrade to atm anyway, everyone is on a level playing field (except cyclowiz and this is what this update is trying to get them to do!)

good luck to anyone with this mod, i truly feel sorry for you.

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
At least we know now the update is possible. The people that fitted the cyclowiz without the switch look like their going to have to fit one. Looks a bit of hasstle to update though. Hopefully with the firmware update they've made the next firmware upgrade more easier to do.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/eFb28u5GPsU?si=35a7C58FgPbaxIMm