CycloDS iEvolution: the first DSi mode flashcart!

kiafazool

Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
aiRWaLKRe said:
Sorry I just have to say " GIRL on the internet = Guy In Real Life
wink.gif
"
THAT MAKES SENSE NOW
thanks

MFDC12 said:
QUOTE(kiafazool @ Dec 19 2010, 08:44 PM) I dont know what gender Another World is - I dont stalk people and like rydian said costello and others refers to HIM as a male
and okay if im a dstwo fanboy so what and nothing is proven until it is shown, if team cyclops are sure that their dsi mode is what in the means is HACKED then they should've made a video showing it or even releasing atleast one dsi homebrew with the release BUT NOOO they cant and they are leaving it to the developers to develop them some Moolah. look at team supercard they stated that there flashcart with a cpu is powerfull and can allow for alot of features and this this and this is what we are planning to make to show that the dstwo is powerful enough. atleast they had something to show the community what its capable of doing. team cyclops is saying we hacked and and here you go homebrew developers make the homebrew. what the heck is that.

??
both supercard and team cyclops did and will (respectively) give (gave) out their cards for free to developers so THEY (the developers) can develop.

quite honestly at this point we still do not know much about this card. they are probably going to release a barebones sdk or help implement it to devkitpro. we do not know if they are going to release demo's or anything at all.
read your last sentence and then read what u bolded out
ur sentence is just a stretched out sentence of what i just said

MFDC12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kiafazool said:
aiRWaLKRe said:
wink.gif
"
THAT MAKES SENSE NOW
thanks

MFDC12 said:
QUOTE(kiafazool @ Dec 19 2010, 08:44 PM) I dont know what gender Another World is - I dont stalk people and like rydian said costello and others refers to HIM as a male
and okay if im a dstwo fanboy so what and nothing is proven until it is shown, if team cyclops are sure that their dsi mode is what in the means is HACKED then they should've made a video showing it or even releasing atleast one dsi homebrew with the release BUT NOOO they cant and they are leaving it to the developers to develop them some Moolah. look at team supercard they stated that there flashcart with a cpu is powerfull and can allow for alot of features and this this and this is what we are planning to make to show that the dstwo is powerful enough. atleast they had something to show the community what its capable of doing. team cyclops is saying we hacked and and here you go homebrew developers make the homebrew. what the heck is that.

??
both supercard and team cyclops did and will (respectively) give (gave) out their cards for free to developers so THEY (the developers) can develop.

quite honestly at this point we still do not know much about this card. they are probably going to release a barebones sdk or help implement it to devkitpro. we do not know if they are going to release demo's or anything at all.

no, what i said is that that stuff will come out ("proof") later since we do not know what team has in store (hence "quite honestly at this point we still do not know much about this card" and "we do not know if they are going to release demo's or anything at all.").

and if you were talking about just the bolded part, must i re-iterate, im saying both the supercard and team cyclops sent out free units to develop apps for, and these apps will help sell units, or to put it the way you said "to make them moolah". i am fairly certain there were plenty of people who got their dstwo for the homebrew capabilities of what developers can do.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Blaze163 said:
I take it this means we're not getting an update for our Cyclo's any time soon then? Fuck it, going round Tesco to just buy Golden Sun. First time I've had to pay to play a DS game for about 3 years. Poor show, Team Cyclops.
Miyamoto: IT'S A SUCCESS!

kiafazool

Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
MFDC12 said:
kiafazool said:
aiRWaLKRe said:
wink.gif
"
THAT MAKES SENSE NOW
thanks

MFDC12 said:

??

no, what i said is that that stuff will come out ("proof") later since we do not know what team has in store (hence "quite honestly at this point we still do not know much about this card" and "we do not know if they are going to release demo's or anything at all.").

and if you were talking about just the bolded part, must i re-iterate, im saying both the supercard and team cyclops sent out free units to develop apps for, and these apps will help sell units, or to put it the way you said "to make them moolah". i am fairly certain there were plenty of people who got their dstwo for the homebrew capabilities of what developers can do.
look at the front page now
who was right?
like i said they give u the ingredients but dont bake the cake
atleast the supercard team put it in the oven and baked it

and even if they were going to release some demo they should've stated it before
and they didn't which was true

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kiafazool said:

and even if they were going to release some demo they should've stated it before

I must say, that I find your use of metaphors to be quite amusing. Please continue.

MFDC12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kiafazool said:
who was right?

NOWHERE in team cyclops' news release said there would be dsiware/dsi enhanced games support at first. infact they said: "The iEVO will be the first flash cart in the market to enable this functionality, starting with homebrew applications and later support for commercial ROM’s.".

hackers may help get dsi enhanced support but its not like they promised it right away, nor did they say they cannot do it at all. they probably have not stopped trying to get it, just because no one has gotten close for it to run, does not mean they stopped altogether.

the ONLY thing that was promised for sure was dsi homebrew, and you know what? we're getting that.

QUOTE(perezosogato @ Dec 20 2010, 03:31 AM) The expensive flashcards ....

personally i do not find 10-15 dollars more than a dstwo all that expensive, but ok. it is not like its 100 bucks (or more expensive than the normal cyclo in general)

haddad

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
haloman800 said:
Sooo... Any word on whether this will support GBA/SNES/etc. Emulators?

Probably, but they won't be as good as the ones for the DSTwo. The advantage of the DSTwo is that you have a faster CPU, which is what matters most for emulation. The advantage of using DSi mode with the iEvolution is data (presumably graphics) throughput. In other words, while the Cyclo iEvolution might be better for native homebrew (where raw CPU speed doesn't matter as much as other things), for emulation the DSTwo will be faster. As an example, Pate thinks that he might be able to get DSix86 (DSx86 for the iEvolution) running at around the speed of a 20mhz 386 while DS2x86 (DSx86 for the DSTwo) is already running at slightly above 386/33 speed (and might be able to reach 486/33 speed with more optimization).

kiafazool

Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
RoxasIsSora said:
kiafazool said:

I must say, that I find your use of metaphors to be quite amusing. Please continue.

thank you

MFDC12 said:
kiafazool said:
who was right?

NOWHERE in team cyclops' news release said there would be dsiware/dsi enhanced games support at first. infact they said: "The iEVO will be the first flash cart in the market to enable this functionality, starting with homebrew applications and later support for commercial ROM’s.".

hackers may help get dsi enhanced support but its not like they promised it right away, nor did they say they cannot do it at all. they probably have not stopped trying to get it, just because no one has gotten close for it to run, does not mean they stopped altogether.

the ONLY thing that was promised for sure was dsi homebrew, and you know what? we're getting that.

QUOTE(perezosogato @ Dec 20 2010, 03:31 AM)
The expensive flashcards ....

personally i do not find 10-15 dollars more than a dstwo all that expensive, but ok. it is not like its 100 bucks (or more expensive than the normal cyclo in general)
dsi homebrew - im pretty sure thats all gonna come from homebrew bounty which GBATEMP Sponsored and NOT TC and they didn't even promise atleast 1 homebrew all they stated was its possible
dsi games - not gonna happen

so all this cart is giving us is - ram, dsi homebrew, camera + 1-2 more options
so its useless - unless homebrew bounty really gets the most out of homebrew developers and they develop worth downloading homebrew

MFDC12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kiafazool said:
dsi homebrew - im pretty sure thats all gonna come from homebrew bounty which GBATEMP Sponsored and NOT TC and they didn't even promise atleast 1 homebrew all they stated was its possible
dsi games - not gonna happen

so all this cart is giving us is - ram, dsi homebrew, camera + 1-2 more options
so its useless - unless homebrew bounty really gets the most out of homebrew developers and they develop worth downloading homebrew

homebrew: did not say they were making it did i? i said they are going to probably contribute to the sdk.

games - proof of that, please. TC announced they are going to have dsi game beta support at the time of release in their last announcement, guess you missed that.

i guess i do not see it's usefulness - the camera can result in fun homebrew, the ram+full dsi cpu will be because it will conserve battery life compared to the dstwo. i honestly see a lot of potential in dsi mode, however i am sure the new exploit that was announced might be better than the cyclodsi anyways (heard it [being the exploit] can get to the dsi sd card slot?)

Lassik

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gumbyx84 said:
Lassik said:
I love seeing the comments that say stuff like "Take that DSTWO fanboys!". You guys are morons. You think this new cart will be the end-all-be-all of flashcarts?

Groups will continue to release better carts and the new carts will continue to have their own set of "fanboys". It's only a matter of time before someone 1-ups this cart. Then what? "Take that iEvo fanboys!"? :-)

It's cool that they claim that they're going to have all these new features but honestly the DSTWO is the best card out currently. When this comes out maybe it will be better but something else will come along to replace it. It's just the way technology works.

I currently own a DSTWO and as long as this iEvo does what it claims to do and has a reasonable price then I may pick it up as well. As far as the DSTWO "fanboys", can you blame them? DSTWO is an awesome card and the SC team is really good about updates for games (so far).
Funny how you bash people for bashing on DSTWO fanboys, then turn around and do the same to the iEvo fanboys. You are no better then the people you are making fun off. I remember the board being full of people saying the DSTWO was going to blow the Acekard 2i out of the water and the Acekard "fanboys" arguing that the Acekard was the "best" card on the market. To use the worn phrase: Same **** different day. The iEvo will be similar if not better the the DSTWO. Yes, new technology will always come out and people will always be excited. Everyone will have their favorites. I have no problem with that. What I do have a problem with is when people ignore what has come before (iEvo fanboys) or refuse to admit that there is something better out there (DSTWO fanboys). Get over yourselves.

What are you talking about? I simply said the people saying "Take that DSTWO fanboys!" were morons. I'm not bashing them for bashing DSTWO fanboys. I could give 2 shits about any fanboys. I'm bashing them because they act like the iEvo is the second coming and will be the end-all-be-all of cards.

If you are referring to this line "It's only a matter of time before someone 1-ups this cart. Then what? "Take that iEvo fanboys!"? :-)". That was not that I was saying that... I was saying that people would just start saying that and it would never end. I wasn't bashing anyone with that line.

Fireballo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sarvesh50 said:
SCDS2 or this which should i buy?
I dont have a DSI maybe going to get one ...
The SCDS2 has crap emulators as of now same for the ereader and movie player. I'd wait for the review of the iEvo.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I want money too I should upload Ai videos of Psi getting laid +1