CycloDS iEvolution: the first DSi mode flashcart!

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Davi92 said:
raulpica said:
1) They've got the RSA signature that lets you sign carts as original DSi games.
RSA-1024 has never been bruteforced, so it's unlikely (it'd take years to do, I think).
Another possibility is that they are exploiting a flaw in the System Menu, when it performs the checks or boots the card. But I seriously hope that's not the case (it would be easily patched with a System Menu update)
smile.gif
That's why I said "got" and not, "brute-forced"
wink.gif
Maybe an inside source between Nintendo? Or they could've got it with another method, like maybe an hardware exploit, like the good ol' Twiizer's Attack?

Aurora Wright

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
raulpica said:
Davi92 said:
raulpica said:
1) They've got the RSA signature that lets you sign carts as original DSi games.
RSA-1024 has never been bruteforced, so it's unlikely (it'd take years to do, I think).
Another possibility is that they are exploiting a flaw in the System Menu, when it performs the checks or boots the card. But I seriously hope that's not the case (it would be easily patched with a System Menu update)
smile.gif
That's why I said "got" and not, "brute-forced"
wink.gif
Maybe an inside source between Nintendo? Or they could've got it with another method, like maybe an hardware exploit, like the good ol' Twiizer's Attack?
Yeah, with an "inside source" it would be possible, but not from the console (only Nintendo has the private RSA key - which is used for signing; the public key - which is used to verify signatures - is in the console).
EDIT: with the Tweezer Attack they extracted the common key (the AES encryption key), not the RSA one obviously
smile.gif

Pliskron

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jalaneme said:
yeah that ufo huge thing would really stick out of my pc, it would break after a while because it is so intrusive, couldn't they have put the thing in a smaller form factor?
Just leave it in the tin until you really have to use it. I'm just wondering why white? Should have made it red or something.

tijntje_7

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
GOD F*CKING DAMNIT XD
I just sold my dsi (with the money I will buy a new computer, so the money isn't wasted or anything)
Just when a useful flashcard soon comes out XD
Fail :/

Though, good news for other dsi users I guess
tongue.gif

gumbyx84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiBricker said:
I wonder if TC is going to release a SDK for DSi homebrew to the public.They are giving free dev kits out to developers. Guessing they will include SDK as well.

Wish I got into DS homebrew development back in college. Would keep me busy (out of work) and could net me a free iEvo.
frown.gif
Doubt my senior project (unfinished and simple DS eBook reader) would qualify.

Rockstar said:
I highly doubt team cyclops will release an SDK as more flashcart teams might get the code where as the dstwo is open source meaning better homebrew apps, thats my opinion though, i dont care about this........ They are giving out free dev kits to homebrew developers. One would think they HAVE TO had an SDK ready.

GeekyGuy said:
rofl.gif
@ all the excitement over this thing. People have tragically short memories, I must say. These guys drop off the face of the Earth for about two months, offer no real response to existing customers regarding support for the Evo, and people are ready to plunk down for a new card that will obviously be priced well above what's currently out there. For what? The possibility to play a few DSiware games maybe, or use the shitty extras in DSi-featured games?
People really amaze me. How many flash cart developers have fallen off the face of the earth in their lifetime? I'm pretty sure its not just TC. They were gone for 2-3 months. If they were working on this 100% (which I'm assuming/hoping they did), then its understandable. Not a "get out of jail free" card, but excusable. Remember that when they did come back, they releaased a firmware update that was on par with all the other flash carts. Its not like they totally abanonded us. Though I will admit, I worried they had.

As for DSi-mode not being important: Maybe its because I have a programming background, but I think having DSi-mode unlocked opens up tons of possibilities for homebrew developers.

QUOTE(Darkmystery @ Dec 13 2010, 06:38 AM)
"for about two months" - Two months of busy developing this card maybe?
I have to admit, that Cyclo is a bit pricy, but they are always innovating. The past ~3 years (except the last 2+ months) they have actively developing new firmware updates, and listened very good to their customers.
The current Cyclo might not be that revolutionary in comparison to other cards nowadays, but back then it was outstanding.
Of course, this does not really justify the slow/lack of- updates for the past 2+ months, but they have always been one of the more loyal teams.
Glad someone else thinks the way I do. Only reason I stopped using my Evo was because I upgraded to a DSi. Now that TC has a Dsi compatible cart with featues that go above and beyond all current carts, I will gladly return to them. I'm just hoping the price isn't crazy. $60 is my max.

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
holy crap!!

SD Access?...DSi Mode??

I smell a possible CFW DSi exploit in the far away future

now we know why it took so long....

will it have the same processing power as the DSTWO?...and will it be able to play AVI movies and GBA and SNES ROMS?....

if so....I will SO skip the DSTWO and get this!

however....Team Cyclo is known for having the highest prices for it's flashcarts..

let's not act too giddy about this...or they will charge a ridiculously higher price due to "demand" and the "do want" factor

If this can play pirated over priced DSiWare games.....I will want it a lot.

Trollology

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Just cause this has DSi mode doesn't mean specifically that it is better than SCDS2.
SCDS2 has GBA emulation and that's ftw. I'm not taking sides. (I have an AceKard2i
tongue.gif
)
--
I can't wait for DSiWare piracy! (If that's ever gonna happen)

Daku93

Trophies
Website
usrcheat.cwsurf.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Kiekoes said:
I don't want to read trough all the 14 pages, but if I understand correctly, can the iEvolution play DSi Enhanced/DSi ROMs?

This is what Team Cyclops said:
QUOTEThe iEVO will be the first flash cart in the market to enable this functionality, starting with homebrew applications and later support for commercial ROM’s.

Dudu.exe

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.flickr.com
XP
Country
Brazil
I really doent get all the hate in this topic!

For Supercard Haters!

Dstwo doenst died becouse of this, it will continue having exclusive stuff... but remenber it is just a eletronic device, you doenst need to hate it, just dont buy-it!

For Cyclo Haters

Its never to late to find a exploit, DSi will last for some time like the GBA did when DS was launched! and we doenst know how they did to work, maybe is something everybody can use, and maybe its a exploit that could be in 3DS too (i hope)! but remenber it is just a eletronic device, you doenst need to hate it, just dont buy-it!

yaynds.gif

Y05h1

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Apart from setting themselves apart as the best flashcart for the DSi, Team Cyclops is also to an extent really helping their chances at being the card of choice for the 3DS. I think people are realizing that it might have been worth waiting for this? And with their original CycloDS Evolution being of such high quality, and so well supported, Team Cyclops is really making a name for themselves. So I don't know about others, but I'm definitely gonna wait for their flash cart for the 3DS.

stylow

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Dudu.exe said:
I really doent get all the hate in this topic!

For Supercard Haters!

Dstwo doenst died becouse of this, it will continue having exclusive stuff... but remenber it is just a eletronic device, you doenst need to hate it, just dont buy-it!

For Cyclo Haters

Its never to late to find a exploit, DSi will last for some time like the GBA did when DS was launched! and we doenst know how they did to work, maybe is something everybody can use, and maybe its a exploit that could be in 3DS too (i hope)! but remenber it is just a eletronic device, you doenst need to hate it, just dont buy-it!

yaynds.gif
Greta english
nyanya.gif
laugh.gif

gumbyx84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trollology said:
Just cause this has DSi mode doesn't mean specifically that it is better than SCDS2.
SCDS2 has GBA emulation and that's ftw. I'm not taking sides. (I have an AceKard2i
tongue.gif
)
--
I can't wait for DSiWare piracy! (If that's ever gonna happen)
Unlocking DSi mode allows homebrew devs to access full processor speed, extra RAM, and DSi-exclusive hardware and features (cameras, SD cards, WPA wifi encryption). This goes far deeper then a GBA emulator. Also, its only a matter of time until the iEvo has its own GBA Emulator (if it doesn't have one in the works already).

I'm trying not to take sides, but its hard to deny that the iEvo is looking like it will outperform the DSTWO.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Has he had seizures before?