OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
yea the site seems to be gone. this thing is probably an experiment that didn't sell very well outside of china/japan. i've never heard of it, no reviews or images, etc. i'd really like to get my hands on one to play around with it. if anyone can find one for sale, let me know.

@etalon: http://home.usay.jp/wiki/ then click on NS168DS(System-17)

-another world

ecko

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
nice review.

here's my 2 cents:
the only real reason for me to buy this ( if i had a dsi), would be because of increased speeds in snemulds.
as it got horrible support for popular homebrew and roms (though, last one is because of improper dumps of dsi enhanced roms)
still, they can improve the firmware over time

GH0ST

Your Hero is a Ghost
Trophies
Website
www.neuronball.com
XP
Country
France
Just a typo.
QUOTE said:
Cyclops has begun to submit source code into LibNDS, with the help of WinterMute, which will allow Hoembrew developers to compile new projects

I bet TC will fixes these issues. The first CycloDS was always a card with very good compatibility with both games and homebrew.

LibNDS submission with the great help of Wintermute for homebrew support is a very good sign...

mechagouki

Kill 'em all...
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just think it's hilarious that for the second time in the last decade a MechAssault game is used in a console hacking exploit - are the MechAssault coders secret homebrew fiends?

GH0ST

Your Hero is a Ghost
Trophies
Website
www.neuronball.com
XP
Country
France
mechagouki said:
are the MechAssault coders secret homebrew fiends?
Yes they are cooking exploits
closedeyes.gif

minilion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
guys, I have heard from a VERY reliable source that the dsi dumps by RFTD are GOOD dumps!!! he said he checked the hashtable embedded in the roms to verify the entire DS specific and DSi specific rom contents, and they were 100% correctly dumped...

I didnt know what hashtable was, but he said to look at this for more info.

so guys.. why is the TC menu saying dsi specific data is missing ???

GH0ST

Your Hero is a Ghost
Trophies
Website
www.neuronball.com
XP
Country
France
minilion said:
guys, I have heard from a VERY reliable source that the dsi dumps by RFTD are GOOD dumps!!! he said he checked the hashtable embedded in the roms to verify the entire DS specific and DSi specific rom contents, and they were 100% correctly dumped...

I didnt know what hashtable was, but he said to look at this for more info.

so guys.. why is the TC menu saying dsi specific data is missing ???
Apparently only RFTD and Bahamut have a proper DSi dumper, something which has become a coveted secret, yet not all of their dumps are working correctly. Older “DSi enhanced” ROMs, which appear to be incorrectly dumped for DSi-Mode, failed to function as required. ( quoted from the review ).

minilion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OK so we agree RFTD released GOOD dumps.

So why are they not working on the iEVO card? The menu says "DSi specific data missing" (somthing like that) but this is not true, since it is a GOOD dump!

Is any DSi game BESIDES My Healthy Cooking Coach (the one actually running when doing the exploit) found working on the iEVO card?? I don't think so. TC is covering their asses by saying roms are missing DSi data, but they are just hiding the fact they have not found a way to load these other DSi roms!!!

Gariscus

Former Team Cyclops Mod
Trophies
XP
Country
minilion said:
OK so we agree RFTD released GOOD dumps.

So why are they not working on the iEVO card? The menu says "DSi specific data missing" (somthing like that) but this is not true, since it is a GOOD dump!

Is any DSi game BESIDES My Healthy Cooking Coach (the one actually running when doing the exploit) found working on the iEVO card?? I don't think so. TC is covering their asses by saying roms are missing DSi data, but they are just hiding the fact they have not found a way to load these other DSi roms!!!
QUOTE(Qtis @ Feb 25 2011, 07:46 PM) And you obviously haven't read anything the team has posted about the DSi mode
tongue.gif
The DSi mode is very BETA at the moment and loading commercial ROMs may lead to problems as stated in TC forums (don't have time to check the post where it was, but it still is there). I really do hope for a new firmware update since the current firmware does have problems with DSi mode. The problem with the DSi parts exists and it is easy to read from the .nfo of the Bravissi Mots Legacy dump also available on GBAtemp (DSi0007 IIRC). Sure some groups do make correct dumps but the firmware might still need a few tweaks regarding DSi enhanced ROMs.
smile.gif

-Qtis

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ