Hacking CycloDS iEvolution or SuperCard DSTWO ?

jgdsl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone I just got a 3DS and was thinking of getting a flashcart. I still have my old evo but that does not work on the 3DS. I was thinking of getting ethier a CycloDS iEvolution or SuperCard DSTWO. My question is which one is better and which one do you guys recommend I get based on experienced with both of them?

Thanks

jgdsl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok thanks you guys now my only problem is that I have read a few times that I need a DSi or ds lite to flash the DStwo card when I get it so it works on the 3DS right ? Problem is I only have a 3DS so I am pretty much stuck huh?

Relys

^(Software | Hardware) Exploit? Development.$
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jgdsl said:
ok thanks you guys now my only problem is that I have read a few times that I need a DSi or ds lite to flash the DStwo card when I get it so it works on the 3DS right ? Problem is I only have a 3DS so I am pretty much stuck huh?

Make a friend?

SpectralSounds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't need a DSi to get the CyclopsDS iEvolution to work on the 3ds, it works fine with just a PC to set it up and then the 3ds. I don't play gba games so the DSTwo doesn't much matter to me and the iEvolution works with everything I throw at it.

flph

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
SpectralSounds said:
You don't need a DSi to get the CyclopsDS iEvolution to work on the 3ds, it works fine with just a PC to set it up and then the 3ds. I don't play gba games so the DSTwo doesn't much matter to me and the iEvolution works with everything I throw at it.

You also don't need a DSi to get the DSTWO to work on the 3ds.
Cyclods don't give you fast updates when dsi / 3ds gets blocked, build quality is really poor and interface is not good at all.
DSTWO is all way better!

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SpectralSounds said:
AFAIP the Anti-Anti-Piracy for DSTWO is much better.

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yea i love my dstwo , dont have a 3ds yet though
but what is this dingux rhing that someone in the other thread mentioned , that plays emulators ?what is dingux?and what emulators is he talking about?is it a programming language only for the cyclo?

i remember reading that there was a gba emulator but that it only worked on 1 card ,hmm was it the cyclo?
i mean a software one that doesnt need the extra processor like ds2,

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
flph said:
SpectralSounds said:

Cyclods don't give you fast updates when dsi / 3ds gets blocked, build quality is really poor and interface is not good at all.
DSTWO is all way better!

What? CycloDS IEvolution DSi mode always work even when Nintendo tries to block flashcarts with an update. You can load DS games in DSi mode, right?

Anyway there isn't much on DSi mode, homebrew sucks. DSTWO offers much more and is even stronger than DSi mode by itself.

Nick Nack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Buy DSTWO.The best flashcard
yaynds.gif

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Go with the Supercard Two. It may not have DSi-Mode, but it features way more like the on-board CPU/Ram, GBA/SNES emulation, Video playback without the need for converting to a special format, and much much more.

flph

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
heartgold said:
flph said:
SpectralSounds said:

DSTWO is all way better!

What? CycloDS IEvolution DSi mode always work even when Nintendo tries to block flashcarts with an update. You can load DS games in DSi mode, right?

Anyway there isn't much on DSi mode, homebrew sucks. DSTWO offers much more and is even stronger than DSi mode by itself.

No, you can't load DS games in DSi mode! You can load only a few dsi games and they must be dumped with dsi stuff.
With dsi mode you use extra ram only, there is no wifi or mic support. You can use it, it wasn't blocked, but you need a dsi console in order to switch modes.
DSTWO card use more ram and cpu than it would with dsi mode and support all ds / dsi games.

As people said best option is DSTWO.
Trust me, i did a mistake buying cyclods. It sucks.

sergster1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jgdsl said:

No last time nintendo rolled out an update I had already sold my DSi and had know clue where my Lite was. Because of the cpu in the DSTWO all you need to do is add a "b" (iirc) to the end of the update's file name and all you need to do is pop it in your 3DS wait 2 mins then restart it and you have your update.

Annieone23

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it saddens me that everyone is pushing the DSTWO so much :[

I really love my CycloDS Evolution and was so pumped for the iEvo. To hear Team Cyclo is now scoffed at and lame makes bums me out :/ They worked so hard too to get the darn DSi support only for everyone to realise it basically sucks except for the odd homebrew.

I like buying from brands/teams I like (imma ninty fanboy after all heh) and I really wish the iEvo had done better cuz I like Team Cyclo.

D

Deleted-236924

Annieone23 said:
I really love my CycloDS Evolution and was so pumped for the iEvo.
Yes, the original CycloDS is really great.
Too bad they screwed up with the iEvo.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
pigonthetree said:
Dstwo is much expensive than the other flashcards, but it is value for money...
iEvo is more expensive than the DSTWO.

At this time you get with the DSTWO more for your money, so I would say, get a DSTWO.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got compliments about my weight loss and thought well guess I can pig out again now I'm the piggy
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My biggest prob is alcohol, definitely is fattening
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I know when to stop at least honestly don't get those that go and go with food
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or those that order 2 big macs , large fry, ice cream sundie, then a diet coke
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I might get downing two big macs but nah that's it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok that will be $15.99, cash or charge?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My go to orders usually a mcdouble and a mcchicken and I'm happy rarely mess with fries
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pro tip ask for that clowns jizzmac sauce on your mcdouble
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Do they charge extra when you add sauce,etc? I know burger king used to not, but don't know nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They may squrit it for free if you ask nice
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Last time I got bk it was 35c per sauce fuck you king of my nutsack
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll buy a bottle of baby rays BBQ for $2 and add it from home out of spite
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like baby rays, my favorite is KC masterpiece tho. Figured all you could buy is that there.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The metro doesn't discriminate good sauce
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Baby Rays isn't that what killed the crocodile hunter?
    If only he had done an endorsement for them....
    Oy mate don't let a bad bbq sauce kill your party! Baby Rays are killing it!! The flavor hits you right in the chest!
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    My phone only has 13% battery so i don't have much time left
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Now 12%
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday, btw
    Time is running out for your phone!
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    https://youtu.be/JmSqorj-EC0?si=vYqR8D7FZeO4N-TH
    At 1 AM, this video is the funniest thing in the world
    +1
    AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird: https://youtu.be/JmSqorj-EC0?si=vYqR8D7FZeO4N-TH At 1 AM, this video is the funniest thing in... +1