taggart6

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I just got my cyclosds and everything is working find except for GBA linkage. I can't figure it out. I have a G6 Lite Slot 2 adapter and my understanding is that it should be compatible.

However, the only way I can use it is through GBA Exploader or boot from slot-2 since CycloDS doesn't see it.

Some forums suggested putting SoftReset.CEVO in the root of the SD card which I did, but I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do from there.

any help would be awesome.

Chrono_Tata

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
I'm pretty sure the only device you can use with the Cyclo's GUI is the 3-in-1. Everything else you will need the GBA Exploader for.

taggart6

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I understand that. It was under my impression that GBA Exploader could be used to load a gba game to SRAM and then you could soft reset back to the cyclods and have the game recognize it.

taggart6

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think I figured it out. I had an older copy of SoftReset.CEVO so I updated it using the latest CycloDs firmware reset file and soft reset on GBA EXploader works.

My understanding, is that I can select a game via GBA Exploader and then hit R to soft reset the DS back to the CYclos DS menu with the GBA loaded in the Slot-2 SRAM.

I'm not sure if the Softreset loads the GBA game into the SRAM or if I have to do that first and then softreset.

Any ideas?

Chrono_Tata

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Why would you want to do that though? Wouldn't that just waste more time, to have to load up GBAExploder then go back to the Cyclo's GUI? Might as well just start the game from GBAExploader.

One solution that may be similar to what you might want to do is to flash the game to NOR. That means you can start the game without having to flash it everytime. Useful if you're not planning on playing a lot of GBA games and just want to stick with one.

taggart6

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Chrono_Tata said:
Why would you want to do that though? Wouldn't that just waste more time, to have to load up GBAExploder then go back to the Cyclo's GUI? Might as well just start the game from GBAExploader.

One solution that may be similar to what you might want to do is to flash the game to NOR. That means you can start the game without having to flash it everytime. Useful if you're not planning on playing a lot of GBA games and just want to stick with one.

I'm fairly positive that will not work since the G6 Lite does not have NOR memory.

The purpose of these is to allow GBA linkage between games like Megaman XZ and the GBA Zero series. This is just one example since I have a few other games I want to link as well.

It looks like my only option is to somehow load the SRAM with a game and then reset into CycloDS and have the game recognize it. I

sfunk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
If I'm following your question properly than what you should do is use GBAExploader and press either select or start when your GBA game is highlighted(One button loads the game into PSRAM and then boots back to the CycloDS GUI, the other just goes back to the GUI without loading the game). This will load the game into the PSRAM and then you start the DS game you intend to link with.

Eg. Castlevania - Dawn of Souls and Castlevania - Aria of Sorrow linkage.

Go to GBAexploader -> Press start or select on Aria of sorrow (I forget which) -> You'll load the GBA game and then be booted back to the Cyclo DS interface -> launch Dawn of sorrow -> it should detect the linked GBA game.

You do need Softreset.cevo for this to work and obviously any games greater than the size of the PSRAM won't work. I'm pretty sure that's how it goes. I hope it helps.

taggart6

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
sfunk said:
If I'm following your question properly than what you should do is use GBAExploader and press either select or start when your GBA game is highlighted(One button loads the game into PSRAM and then boots back to the CycloDS GUI, the other just goes back to the GUI without loading the game). This will load the game into the PSRAM and then you start the DS game you intend to link with.

Eg. Castlevania - Dawn of Souls and Castlevania - Aria of Sorrow linkage.

Go to GBAexploader -> Press start or select on Aria of sorrow (I forget which) -> You'll load the GBA game and then be booted back to the Cyclo DS interface -> launch Dawn of sorrow -> it should detect the linked GBA game.

You do need Softreset.cevo for this to work and obviously any games greater than the size of the PSRAM won't work. I'm pretty sure that's how it goes. I hope it helps.

THANK YOU!

Yeah thats what I'm trying to do. hitting Select loaded the GBA game into SRAM and then reset back to CycloDS. I don't have linkable games ATM so I'll have to try later.

I'm not worried about maxing out the SRAM since its the same as the EZ 3 in 1 (4Gbit)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-