jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
cyclods.gif
CycloDS Firmware 1.41 Beta 1
Beta...yet major update!
cyclods.gif
A beta firmware update for the CycloDS. This update fixes the Wii to DS connectivity of "My Pokemon Ranch" Wiiware game, optimizes and fixes the cheat code engine, increases the number of allowed fragments, and fixes a few games (most importantly NDS #2385 - Daigasso! Band Brothers DX [Japan]).
Download and changelog below. Make sure to report any bugs you may encounter here.

Changelog said:
Time for a new line of BETA's Changes in this release include:
- Fixed "My Pokemon Ranch" Wii connectivity Fixed "My Pokemon Ranch" Wii connectivity
- Optimised and fixed cheat code engine Optimised and fixed cheat code engine
- Increased the number of allowed fragments, which should reduce the "filesystem too fragmented" error Increased the number of allowed fragments, which should reduce the "file too fragmented" error
- Game compatibility fix (2385 + ingame menu for some games) Game compatibility fix (2385 + ingame menu for some games)
- Miscellaneous other improvements Miscellaneous other improvements
- The most notable change is with the cheat code engine. The most notable change is with the cheat code engine. Its been optimised and should have much better performance and compatibility now. Its been optimised and should have much better performance and compatibility now. Feedback is appreciated!
download.gif
Download from GBAtemp
icon11.gif
Team Cyclops Website
icon11.gif
Source

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
NOTE TO WEB MASTERS: Please do not post news about any BETA builds which appear in this forum. Usually when a build is posted in this forum, the corresponding final build will appear a few days later pending the success of the BETA testing. The BETA builds we post here are intended to serve as temporary releases for the sole purpose of testing and not for general use. As a general rule, only post about firmware releases which are mentioned in the news forum or on the news section of the main CycloDS website.

This applies to you, JPH!
lecture.gif

This shouldn't have been posted.

JPH

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
SpikeyNDS said:
QUOTE said:
NOTE TO WEB MASTERS: Please do not post news about any BETA builds which appear in this forum. Usually when a build is posted in this forum, the corresponding final build will appear a few days later pending the success of the BETA testing. The BETA builds we post here are intended to serve as temporary releases for the sole purpose of testing and not for general use. As a general rule, only post about firmware releases which are mentioned in the news forum or on the news section of the main CycloDS website.

lecture.gif

Didn't see that, yo. But I've seen it on quite a few other NDS Scene websites.
Besides, I'm not a webmaster!
nyanya.gif

I told them to post all their bug encounters in the announcement thread of this beta firmware (on the CycloDS forum).
If Team Cyclops wants the news taken down, I will.
But, unless not - it stays (it fixes the little Japanese music game you guys are so hyped about).

GH0ST

Your Hero is a Ghost
Trophies
Website
www.neuronball.com
XP
Country
France
WARNING

This beta is partially broken ... Wait at least if you just buy a recent CycloDS Evolution Units which come pre-installed with the CycloDS Evolution v1.32 Firmware ( patched 1.31stable for new hardware not yet available in standalone version ) you can't downgrade from 1.4F ( partially broken with some games )

Anyway don't complain it is beta testing right ;-)

Live from the forums :

QUOTE said:
Evolution ( Team Cyclops)

It looks like we might not have tested the new cheat code engine enough
wink.gif
Honestly though, it was just important to get a fix out for 2385 and the new cheat engine just happened to be ready at release time. Anyway, during testing we didn't find any problems but the scope of our testing was rather limited due to time constraints. That's what BETA's are for right?
wink.gif

So, for those who are having problems with the cheat engine, could you please provide us with more detailed information such as which game you were playing, which cheats you tried to enable and then exactly what problems you faced.

Please note that there is a known bug where if you load an old RTS state made with an older firmware version it will disable the cheat code engine. We're trying to figure out the best way to fix this, but in the meantime I suggest using the normal save feature in your game and then returning to the CycloDS menu, enabling cheats, returning to the game and creating a fresh RTS save.

EDIT: It looks as though RTS save is completely broken in this BETA (load is working however). We're looking into this now.

sueil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah this beta has a lot of bugs. Which is surprising considering how awesome the past betas have been, all really stable with no major problems. I'm sure there will be a fix out soon, that is hopefully a bit less buggy.

Also how did I manage to hit quote instead if edit twice in a row?
mad.gif

DespizingU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SpikeyNDS said:
QUOTE said:

lecture.gif

Who cares. It's not like he's the only one posting this. I think most people here know to post their bug findings at TC, instead of here at GBAtemp.

Anyways, it's nice they got Daigasso fixed(still no in-game text reader, although I'm not surprised by that). I was waiting for a firmware upgrade to check it out.

Thanks for posting this JPH.

GH0ST

Your Hero is a Ghost
Trophies
Website
www.neuronball.com
XP
Country
France
Yeah it was like an alpha version but now the real one is out :

CycloDS F1.41 beta 2 ;-)

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=2752

QUOTE said:
Release Notes for CycloDS Evolution Firmware v1.41 BETA 2
=========================================================

BETA Change Log
---------------

v1.41 BETA 2:

* Fixed RTS problem introduced in BETA 1
* Improved compatibility of new cheat code engine
* Added some advanced options to the XML configuration
* Game compatibility fix (2385 again)

v1.41 BETA 1:

* Fixed "My Pokemon Ranch" Wii connectivity
* Optimised and fixed cheat code engine
* Increased the number of allowed fragments, which should reduce
the "filesystem too fragmented" error
* Game compatibility fix (2385 + ingame menu for some games)
* Miscellaneous other improvements

New XML configuration file options
----------------------------------

We've added two new "trial features" which are currently only accessible from the
XML configuration file. If these are well received, we will integrate them
properly into the GUI so they can be toggled via the options menu. The new XML
configuration items are as follows:

- Configures whether to ignore the ROM number when
sorting the file list. If this is enabled then the file
list will be sorted according to any numbers prefixing
your ROM file names. If this is disabled then the
prefixing numbers will be ignored for the sorting (this
is the default behaviour).

- Configures whether to display a ROM's internal name
rather than its filename in the list view. If enabled
then the internal ROM name will be shown, if disabled
the filename will be shown.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.