Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
CycloDS Evolution/iEvolution Firmware v2.2
Update
00_cyclods_ievo_review_header.png
Team Cyclops has just released new firmwares for both their old CycloDS Evolution and their new CycloDS iEvolution flashcarts. This update aims at fixing µSD stability issues for the new iEvolution and also game compatibility issues for a number of games which can be seen in the changelog below.[/p]
Changelog said:
  • Common
    - Game compatibility fixes (DSi 0120, 5418, 5424, 5435, 5444 and more)
  • iEVO
    - Resolved MicroSD stability issue causing freezing in rare cases
download.gif
 Download (CycloDS iEvolution)
download.gif
 Download (CycloDS Evolution)
icon11.gif
Official Website

Thanks to Qtis for the heads up through IRC.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
After installing this update, now commercial roms just won't boot.
This thing is a real pain, you know that? A hassle to set up, a flimsy build, games freezing in DSi or DS Lite mode, and not being able to boot games.
I had the same problem when I first installed the firmware, then it went away and I don't know why...

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
RupeeClock said:
This thing is a real pain, you know that? A hassle to set up, a flimsy build, games freezing in DSi or DS Lite mode, and not being able to boot games.
I had the same problem when I first installed the firmware, then it went away and I don't know why...
I don't have that problem, all games (inc. the ones that used to freeze on v2.1) work. Try reupdating?

-Qtis

EDIT: Gariscus posted just what I was about to add to this post...

Gariscus

Former Team Cyclops Mod
Trophies
XP
Country
RupeeClock said:
The first game you launch after a firmware update takes longer than usual(it can take up to 30 seconds). Perhaps if you wait a bit longer the game or games will launch.
smile.gif

By the way this update is meant to fix the "games freezing in DS lite mode problem"(I don't know about DSi mode, but as it's in beta it's not surpising that there are problems).

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It was actually more like 90 seconds, that's pretty bad.
They really aught to give a warning that a first boot after firmware updates can take so long.

Anyway, it does look like the freezing problem has been resolved, that's good news.

Oh by the way, there's already an AP-fix for EU Black/White.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
RupeeClock said:
They really aught to give a warning that a first boot after firmware updates can take so long.

Anyway, it does look like the freezing problem has been resolved, that's good news.

I actually posted this here about a few hours ago. You could have checked on the CycloDS section
tongue.gif

QUOTE(Qtis @ Mar 3 2011, 01:53 PM) EDIT: And the first game to load takes a while. It is not corrupted or anything else. Just wait a few seconds
smile.gif

-Qtis

ps. Isn't the AP fix only for the no-EXP?

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Qtis said:
I actually posted this here about a few hours ago. You could have checked on the CycloDS section
tongue.gif
I shouldn't have to check a third party, that information should be present on this news post, the readme file, or on the official website.
It wasn't.

GH0ST

Your Hero is a Ghost
Trophies
Website
www.neuronball.com
XP
Country
France
RupeeClock I think it is related to the microSD, fragmentation perhaps or somehow corruption in the fat table...I've got this one time with an older firmware update but right now from a clean card my iEvolution updates straight in few seconds and I see no waiting time after that.

All freezes are gone on games I reported before also.

impizkit

Lazy Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
GH0ST said:
RupeeClock I think it is related to the microSD, fragmentation perhaps or somehow corruption in the fat table...I've got this one time with an older firmware update but right now from a clean card my iEvolution updates straight in few seconds and I see no waiting time after that.

All freezes are gone on games I reported before also.

This is exactly what the issue is. I believe the size and speed of the MicroSD can play a part as well. I run a Sandisk Mobile Ultra Class 6 8GB card and the update is relatively fast and the first game loads quick as well. Maybe a few seconds longer than normal, but nothing to worry or complain about. I think GHOST has the more likely reason, but I can see where you can be concerned. This has been the case for as long as I can remember and I have been an active CycloDS user and forum member since early in the CycloDS lifecycle.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know, I've seen the slightly longer load time on first boot of a game upon updating the firmware, but for me it's only like a couple seconds longer. The longest I've ever had to wait was maybe as high as 10 seconds, as opposed to the normal 1 to 3 seconds.

My SD is a Sandisk 16GB Class 2 (although by my tests, it rates at Class 4) and I have it nearly full too......only about 2GB free space left.

Are you sure you guys aren't exaggerating the time it took to boot? 90 seconds is way too long to wait. I could write a couple of gigs of data to the card in all that time.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm really not exaggerating, it felt longer than a whole minute for the "silent" firmware update to take place.
I'm not using a high-grade microSD, it's only a spare 4gb Class 4 Kingston, formatted with Panasonic SD formatter.

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rayder said:
You know, I've seen the slightly longer load time on first boot of a game upon updating the firmware, but for me it's only like a couple seconds longer. The longest I've ever had to wait was maybe as high as 10 seconds, as opposed to the normal 1 to 3 seconds.

My SD is a Sandisk 16GB Class 2 (although by my tests, it rates at Class 4) and I have it nearly full too......only about 2GB free space left.

Are you sure you guys aren't exaggerating the time it took to boot? 90 seconds is way too long to wait. I could write a couple of gigs of data to the card in all that time.

The first game I launch on the iEVO took 2-3 minutes to load, but after that it was fast
I was using 8gb class 6 card, game was castlevania POR

GH0ST

Your Hero is a Ghost
Trophies
Website
www.neuronball.com
XP
Country
France
I used a 4Go card . I've just tested it again with an empty 2Go card and it goes even quicker. It goes faster if the game save is already there too.

The last time I had a long launch time the card structure was wrong or even messed after using the evil beta3 panasonic formater ( Testdisk reported something about wrong cylinders... as far as I remember I had to low format the card with a compliant device.)

Speed could be related perhaps to free empty space too. First sectors are faster even on a microSD card... obviously something related to fat32 structure.

edit
: http://wiki.laptop.org/go/How_to_Damage_a_..._Storage_Device

sfg said:
Well, was that a rom for which a save file was not created yet? Then it would take even longer since the Cyclo has to also create the save file... and if the save file is big too... well, you get it.

If you want to avoid that next time, just start a rom for which you have a save file... I never had to wait 3 minutes.

Gariscus

Former Team Cyclops Mod
Trophies
XP
Country
The most it's ever taken for me is 10 seconds. This was with a save file created however and not with a problematic game like POR.

miketh2005

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RupeeClock said:

There wasn't even a freezing problem
tongue.gif
You were just too impatient to wait xD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, atleast there was some neat filler there