CycloDS Evolution 1.5 Beta 1

euphemism

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Its that time again A new line of BETA's, with the most notable new addition being the highly anticipated in-game text reader. Changes in this BETA include:

* Added the in-game text reader feature
* An alternative folder layout for game saves and RTS files is now supported
* Configurable rumble strength though settings menu
* Fixes to the cheat code engine
* Various other bug fixes
* Game compatibility fix (2436)

NOTE: We've fixed some issues with the cheat code engine - cheats are now working again with Zelda and some other problematic games. However, the fix has resulted in us using a new "hook" which will cause problems with any RTS files created with the v1.41 release with cheats enabled. If you haven't done any RTS saves with v1.41, OR if you always have cheat codes disabled when using RTS it will not be a problem - otherwise, loading one of these problematic saves on this BETA will most likely crash the game. We intend to fix this in time for the final release, however before we invest time in doing so we'd like to get some feedback regarding the performance of the new cheat engine hook. We don't want to waste time if for some reason we end up reverting back.

NOTE TO WEBMASTERS: Please refrain from posting news about this BETA release as it is not yet ready for widespread use. We hope to have any bugs resolved over the next few days at which time the final build can be released.

Download Here

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ingame text reader!
toot.gif
Been waiting for this!

solange82200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't believe the text reader is finally out. Can someone tell me what they use this for? Is it for walkthroughs and stuff? How would you get a walkthrough for a flashcart, just use the regular ones you find online and put them in Word or something?

nico402

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
NOTE TO WEBMASTERS: Please refrain from posting news about this BETA release as it is not yet ready for widespread use. We hope to have any bugs resolved over the next few days at which time the final build can be released.

TheWingless

Wafuu~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I'd like to see this ingame text reader... Maybe someone could make a video(Youtube?).

nico402 said:
He's not a webmaster?

solange82200 said:
I can't believe the text reader is finally out. Can someone tell me what they use this for? Is it for walkthroughs and stuff? How would you get a walkthrough for a flashcart, just use the regular ones you find online and put them in Word or something?
I think there was a request for a special ASCII character/code that lets you make chapters/sections so you can skip in between them. I think it can read regualr txt files though... Not sure. I haven't read up on the ingame text reader in a while on their forums.

HOW TO USE:
We've just completed testing of the ingame text reader in the development build, and expect to start a new line of BETA's over the next few days with this feature included. Unfortunately due to inherent limitations with the in-game menu (due to the fact that it must run alongside games, so resources are tight) we were unable to implement a lot of requests - its quite basic, but it does work.

Currently you can only have one text file per game. You must take the text file and rename it according to the ROM filename - so "Mario.nds" would correspond to "Mario.txt" in the same directory. Unicode characters are not supported at this stage (so no Asian characters etc). A new item has been added to the ingame menu, "Text Reader". If you have a text file setup correctly then this option will be available, and selecting it will enter the ingame text viewer.

From inside the ingame text viewer, you use the directional pad to scroll vertically and horizontally one line/character at a time. The L and R shoulder buttons can be used to scroll one page at a time. Press B to return to the game. When you leave the ingame text viewer your position is saved, so you wont need to scroll to the same position next time. Because resources are limited, it was not feasible to implement a line breaking system, so the text file will be displayed as-is and you may need to scroll horizontally if everything can not fit onto the screen at once. This is probably not such a bad thing considering that many FAQs/guides have specific formatting which would not look good if the lines were broken.

We're planning on improving the system in the future, but feel that this should be well received in the meantime
smile.gif
Anyway, keep your eyes out for the upcoming BETA release...

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Normally the TeamCyclo is very fast with releasing the final firmware, so I`m going to wait till then, even though this update is great... (cheatfolder is a great idea as well
biggrin.gif
)

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This is VERY nice, it does lack an auto-wrap feature which is a shame, but if you just sort out the breaks in the text file yourself, this will be awesome.

I tested New Super Mario Bros, I got "Yo Guys, you see this? I'm reading text in the midd" before it was cut off.

I am IMPRESSED.

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ferrariman said:
....And I already got problems.

1: what the diff between normal save type and alt.
2: The skin always goes back to the default skin

1. Alternative stores the saves in a folder called SAVE, normal stores them in the same folder as the ROMS.
2. No problems for me.

euphemism

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ferrariman said:
Weird.
Well I switched back to 1.41, Ingame text is not that important to me...
hate2.gif

I can't help you with the skin problem, but the difference between the normal save and alt...

Normal: Save and RTS files are kept in the same directory as the games they are made for.

Alt: Save and RTS files are kept in a directory called SAVES on the root of your MicroSD card.

Edit: Beaten to it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.