CycloDS Compatibility List

Discussion in 'CycloDS' started by leiger, Oct 6, 2009.

Oct 6, 2009

CycloDS Compatibility List by leiger at 9:05 AM (15,762 Views / 0 Likes) 29 replies

1. leiger
    OP

Member leiger GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Basically, through reading the TC forums (I'm not on GBATemp very often) I've found that a lot of people want an up-to-date compatibility list, but noone seems to know of a place to find one. They don't include the latest games, or they're based on a different flashcart and not the CycloDS.

I've created a website here: http://cyclods.wikidot.com/game:_start (easier-to-remember URL coming soon)

It has the basics of a compatibility list set up, and because it's actually a wiki, that means that anyone is able to add to the list. In fact, that's what I'm relying on. If you have 5 minutes to spare, please add a few of your games that you have tested.

Any questions about how to use the site can go here, and I'll explain it. I've tried to make it as simple as possible.

Simple rules:
    1. If the game doesn't exist, go ahead and create it from the front page (it's a wiki, after all!)
    2. If the game exists, but you disagree with what it says, edit the page.

Keep in mind that I am watching every single edit and therefore can revert changes if necessary (which prevents spam from being a problem)

Constructive feedback is welcome [​IMG]

Update (Jan 2011): I've re-released the compatibility list here instead. At the moment it is only editable by me, but you can post compatibility information anonymously on any game page as a comment and I will update the list. Hopefully soon, I will be able to open up editing again to everyone

2. OSW

Former Staff OSW Wii King

Australia
    Permission given.

3. leiger
    OP

Australia
    No comments about this? Is it that crap? [​IMG]

4. Chrono_Tata

Member Chrono_Tata GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Thailand
    Could be useful I guess, though I personally don't use it. I just stick the game on my card. If it works, it works. If not just report it to TC though chances are someone would already have. XP

5. leiger
    OP

Australia
    Well, this list lets people know if it's been reported yet or not, I suppose [​IMG]

Every firmware I'll be updating it with the changes, in the meantime I'm hoping that others will fill in the gaps for the most popular out of the other 4000 or so games.

6. kohkindachi

Member kohkindachi GBAtemp Fan

Singapore
    It's very good site I can say. But as a owner who wants to gain traffic, you should do most of the test yourself first

7. Bluelaserman

Member Bluelaserman I shoot BLUE LASERS MAN!!!!

Australia
    You must keep it updated, and also test a larger variety of games.
    Though, Its looks nice atm [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. leiger
    OP

Australia
    Thanks [​IMG]

As for me testing a lot more.... well, you may disagree with my ethics, but I don't plan to download games that I haven't paid for, even though it's just for testing. That's why I decided to make it with a wiki-focus, so that anyone that wanted to, could contribute.

Every time someone adds a game, I cross-check it with ds-scene.net to make sure the rom # and game title match up. That way things are kept accurate, at least.

And when a firmware comes out, I'll be adding all of the "fixed" games, but will be checking bug reports to make sure they really are fixed, and not just supposed to be fixed.

9. Eternity`

Member Eternity` GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    Awesome!

No Seriously, it looks great [​IMG]

10. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Yeah... the thing is, we usually assume 100% compatibility. In fact, the only reason this is useful is because of the new Nintendo game(s) with advanced piracy
    protection (Mario and Luigi to be exact).

And this might get a bit messy because of all the beta firmwares that TC throws out. For example, the beta firmwares broke many games just for the ability to play M&L.

In my opinion, the more important thing is to list which games don't work with Enhanced Menu, RTS, etc.

11. leiger
    OP

Australia
    I hear you. I'll see what I can cook up.

The idea at the moment is that:
    - If it doesn't work at all, you remove the _cdse tag from the page.
    - If you can play to the end of the game, but something like enhanced menu doesn't work, then you mark it as 'working', but add a compatibility note.

12. leiger
    OP

Australia
    Update 2009-10-11: Extra compatibility setting added between 'Works perfectly' and 'Not working yet', called 'Compatibility issues'

If a game works perfectly, tag it with the number 3 (default)
    If a game has compatibility issues, tag it with 2 and edit the description
    If a game doesn't work at all (e.g. dual black screens, or can't pass the intro screen), tag it with 1 and edit the description

13. leiger
    OP

Australia
    It's been three months since my last post here. I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions after looking at the website again?

http://cyclods.ject.pro

14. TraumaHoundNDS

Member TraumaHoundNDS GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Off-hand, I'd say sorting by whichever column one prefers would be a nice addition. And a column for what firmware the game was tested on (which could also weed out those who might test on an older firmware than is current.)

I do like the concept of this page, just seems lacking some simple list-organization.

15. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    I find the list very useful for when I'm at my friend's house hooking his kids up with games. Saves me from wasting time putting games on their Cyclo that don't work.

(Thinks to myself) I wonder if his kids figured out how to add games themselves yet.....I haven't been over there since I hooked them up with all the sites I knew about at the time. Haven't seen either of them posting on GBAtemp.....hmm. Well they ARE girls, so maybe that's to be expected. Probably too busy messing around on those silly social sites like Twitter and Facebook or whatever. [​IMG]

16. EyeZ

Member EyeZ GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    I think the list is awesome, very helpful, i have linked others to this list myself when they have reported a problem with a game, keep up the good work

17. leiger
    OP

Australia
    Thanks [​IMG]

18. Fel

Member Fel GBAtemp's Adventurer

Czech Republic
    Is this list really up to date? For example FF III is said not to work, but after such a long time it should be working by now, since it is on the other flashcarts as well, no?

19. leiger
    OP

Australia
    I haven't got FF III to test, but there have been some recent reports of it not working.

Can anyone with the game confirm that it is (or is not) working for them?

20. sfg

Member sfg GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I think it broke in one of the betas, but it works now in the last update.